Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A "Ridiculous" Letter from a Student....

Today, I have nothing interesting to write about but I'm going to share with you a very interesting letter that was given to this college that I worked with a few years back. Those of you who knew me from multiply would have read it before so if you have, you can skip through this blog, but if you still feel like reading again, feel free to do so...

(Taken from my multiply...I might as well move it in here since I've basically abandoned my multiply. At least I'll still have it in the future to look back at....its more like a back-up, just in case anything happens to multiply :D...not that anything will lah!!!:))

Read on....

From: miriteen

Date: Monday, March 21, 2005 06:38:20

To: (College email)

Subject: Are you sure?! From all Places, SPM Students

TO (College Vice Principals Name) For all information’s that student will fail exam because of cant full fill the exam paper requirement right?! If you know so, why setting the rule that, failed student should taking project and EXAM!? The problem is, Student are confirm cant pass the exam paper, so why failed student should taking the exam paper again? Are you all trying to get more salary for making student pay more?! or making fun of student?! After all, most of student are working, and there is no time for studying. The most problem is, failed student of course didn’t know how to do without lecture guides.... So how can be student will past these thing?! Are you SURE?! Giving project already are the hardest thing for failed student BUT now PLUS need to EXAM... Why must EXAM? why not only project? You afraid student will give another people to help them to do the project? What you care this! (College Name) Students pay your salary for get them pass and graduate BUT not for making student keep spending money... If they do, calling another people for help in their project, that isn’t your problem, ur job is just ticking the answer is right or wrong...better than summit nothing... The MAIN thing is, student summit their project on the times, full fill the graduation requirement.. and get pass, that’s all... Why must EXAM? You are wasting student time only by making they fail and get back to (College Name)...If like that, why they not just go to Curtin... SO THATS WHY THE INTAKE OF (College Name) STUDENTS THIS YEAR DECREASING... AND WILL BE DECREASING FOR THE NEXT INTAKE... WE ARE SORRY FOR THIS THING HAPPENING BUT WE ARE NO CHOICE... This news already spreading to Limbang, Brunei, Lawas, Sarikei, Sabah, Kuching, Sibu, and Labuan for helping all the student making the right decision before they spending in (College Name) Miri. Student will study in (College Name) because of the college requirements are not so high and the rules. Because of this kind of rule, all students or teenagers that are not a great in study must taking a great caution on this... For (College Name) good, heavily advise please set it to normal this kind of rule starting this month MArch 2005 for continuing decreasing student for the future intake... If don’t want to see (College Name) closing... From All Places, SPM students.

Note that I have censored the College Name by replacing it with (College Name).

Ummm.....my apologies to the person who wrote this letter for posting it up in my blog. I can't help it the letter has now become your legacy. Anyway, I do hope you have now somehow manage to get a diploma or a degree and I do hope it is a valid one...BTW, I did think the letter was a bit ridiculous and pretty difficult to understand. Honestly speaking, if you want a diploma or a degree you seriously need to work hard for it, nothing comes easy in this world. I do however hope that everything has worked out well for you :) You are after all one of my student before :)

Now back to the readers of my blog....so what do you think??? When I first read it I was upset cause it makes me sad to think that our future generation are capable of writing such thing. Its also sad to think that they are not willing to strive hard enough in order to get a diploma. But now when I read it, I can't help it but find it really funny...:D

Anyway, its getting late....time to sleep...goodnight you all!!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

That letter makes me laugh..it's totally ridiculous!

If the student can actually write properly and all, I may still be able to see a tiny bit of validity of his/her point (not really but you know..)..but the fact that this person can even write in proper English to get the point across.. it's just totally stupid for him/her to expect a college to make things easier for them.

Like you said.. we work hard to gain a diploma or degree.. why should they expect things to be handed on a silver platter to them? Why can't they work just as hard as everyone else??

Some people are just plain dumb and ignorant.. as the letter showed that side of the writer..

Just my 2 cents.. :D

ETA: Had to delete my previous post 'cos of a few typos.. hehehe

Unknown said...

hmm..the student really want the easiest way to graduate...I think if he/she goes to the local universuty, he/she won't graduate with flying colours or..he/she won't graduate for a long time..

They should know how to manage their time wisely eventhough they are working...for me, working is not the main thing if you are still studying....

the sender is immature...:)

337 said...

LOL... I think i remembered this letter... or was it another one? Can't help but laughing when I started reading the letter (again). What kind of institute that issues diploma's and degrees does not have exams?

Honestly... young students these days should be tested and and be give more projects for them to gain experience and increase their skills. At my previous job, if you've read my blog, I had this Junior designer who's fresh out from an art school. The kid spends 3 years there studying visual graphics to pursue a career in graphics design. At first when my old company hired him and I heard he came fresh from the oven of an art school, I thought its going to be a breeze getting him to jobs (and picking up my slacks :D ).

Boy was I wrong. He sucks so bad, I think my father would be better at using photoshop! He's knowledge of the main softwares used in the work like, adobe photoshop and illustrator is so bad! He only knows like 40% of the keys and functions! Its as if he never touched it before! 3 years in art school!! I went wtf?? almost everyday at the questions he ask me. I'm like wondering what exactly did he do in those 3 years??

Then there was his english... or engrish... haha. Its almost the same thing as your letter Jacq... but only WORST! Half the times I had to do spelling checks for him just to make sure he doesn't fucked up... which he does alot! He's pronunciation is so bad that when he says 'schemes' it sounds like 'seems'.. So yeah.. half the time I'm also trying to understand his english :P

Sorry about raining on your comment box ehe, but my point is, really, TEST AND PROJECTS are IMPORTANT! The more projects the better! I hate to see the future graduates to come out being like my ex-junior! Disgrace to my line of job! If you want it easy then you should've just go sell pirate VCD or something like that! They don't need much skills and test & don't need good english!

I rest my case. :D Weee~ back to doing lingerie adds~~mmmmm

Jacqie said...

Greg, didn't you fire him yet? or get your boss to fire him....his cert is probably not legitimate :P

337 said...

No... I did not... I didn't liked that company too... I did the most inhumane thing... I left the company with just that junior for them............. haahahahahahhahahhaaha