Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Check out Mobile.Airasia.Com

Something new from Airasia :) Last day of booking is today :P

Now, a few days ago I found out that I was not entitled to go for one course which I had planned for since the beginning of this year. Reason being is that I was overqualified (or not qualified because I had too much working experience) for the course. Sadly, I wasn't told about it much earlier until a few days ago.

But because I thought I was going for the course, I had already booked a flight for my husband to go to KL with me during that time (the course is in KL...haha....sorry I'm stating the obvious....I do that sometimes, I also don't know why...haha). Obviously I manage to get him a pretty cheap ticket (the RM0 one from Airasia). So here I was upset and depress and thinking to myself, 'now, where can I find tickets to KL that are cheap at this time???' since I couldn't go for the course, I might as welll just go for a holiday.

So the normal thing that everybody would do is to check out "Airasia and MAS" and that's what I did. As of yesterday, the flight to KL in August was RM39.90...only the ticket lah....and I checked MAS and it was pretty expensive so that was out. So back into airasia website I went to, and I saw this "mobile.airasia.com", whereby the flight from KL to Miri was RM19.90. I had no clue what it was and not being a very smart person, I was clicking here and there trying to find out how to go about booking using my mobile phone.....so "duh" wan me. I thought it was like those sms thingy where you have to key in some words than send to 32***. Than it will ask you questions again and than you will reply again and it will ask you a question again and it goes on back and forth till you finally get the ticket.

Who would have thought (well, more like "how would I have known"...because I think everybody else would have guessed already how to go about using that 'mobile.airasia.com'...hahaha....sometimes I wonder how in the world did I manage to get a degree...haha...sad lah me :P) that I would have to go to my internet browser on my mobile to key in the site.

Anyway, after a few minutes of browsing and getting frustrated, I finally decided to just key in 'mobile.airasia.com' on to my internet explorer address bar on my computer (reason being, is that my handphone so damn slow when it comes to connecting on to the internet:)) and TA-DA!!! it was there!!! You should check it out!

It's very cute, small and very easy to use especially if you are using your mobile but they are missing features where you can pay for the check-in baggage for RM3, I wonder why? Maybe it was already tedious to have to wait for the next page to download everytime you fill in the information, but than again, since it was already quite tedious, no harm in just adding one more...hehe...that's what I think lah...probably not many people would agree with me:P and probably some of you are having a hard time understanding what I am writing in here...haha...yes, I'm getting a bit long winded....I better stop!!! :P. That way you don't have to scroll up and down too much cause I think it fits into your mobile screen....wait let me check it out on my phone first....hmmm...I think my phone very lousy wan...cannot even get on....sigh....that's what happens when you have an old model. Well, you can just check it out yourself. What I did was use my computer to go on...not sure whether that is legal...haha...since it was design for use on your handphone. Well, to conclude, I did the booking and I now am going to KL in August with a cheaper flight than I expected and more money to spend on shopping!!!. GOOD TIMING for me that they just started this "mobile booking" or have they had it a long time already and I have just been pretty ignorant??? Cannot be leh??? but 'Yeay' anyway!!!

KL here I come!!! Shopping, shopping and more shopping!!! Life is GOOD!!!

Again: here's the website: http://mobile.airasia.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a sign for you to get a new mobile phone...hahaha

Jacqie said...

hahahaha...I had a feeling that eventually somebody would say that to me :P But I love my phone cause it throwable for my daughter. Hahaha...it has fallen many times and its still working...hmmm... that could be the reason why the internet thingy on my phone is not working...hahaha...sad case lah me :P