Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Guys Left, Girls Right!!!

Did you ever realised that for the guys shirt, the buttons are always to the left (when you are facing the shirt) and for the girls shirt, the buttons are always to the right? I guess for those of you who are at work and are reading my blog at this time, you are most probably checking out where your buttons are just about now...hahaha...great, now that you've got it figured and know that your buttons are on the left (guy) or right (girls).

For those of you who are not wearing a shirt today, let me show you:


A guys shirt...notice the buttons are on the left of the shirt...


A girls/ladies shirt...notice the buttons are on the right....

Well, if you have noticed this before, have you ever wondered why it was like that??? Hahaha...I suppose for some of you its not really important to know as long as you can button your shirt...:P

But for those curious people out there, I'm guessing that If I don't tell you why now, You'll probably be very angry with me cause I've kept you in suspense.....its the kinda suspense where people say "Eh, Jacq, i want to tell you something.....", than I say "What? What?" and the other person says "Ahh...never mind lah...not important" and gives me a grin. Wah! that kind I cannot tahan...hahaha...if I don't find out, sure I die wan...hahaha...that's how kepo I am...:P

Anyway, to answer that question, its because hundreds of years ago, women were dressed by their slave/servant/handmaiden/lady-in-waiting. Men usually dressed themselves. So, that's why our buttons are on the right because it would be easier for the person who is dressing us to button our shirts for us. Unless of course the person dressing us is left handed than it would be a bit tough but the majority of people are usually right handed.

But nowadays, things have change and we do everything ourselves, but unfortunately the tradition of the buttons remain. So girls/ladies who are left handed, it's definitely much easier for you to button your own shirts compared to those who are right handed :D

So if you ever see a guy who is wearing a shirt with buttons on the right, you can confidently say "HEY! That's a girls Shirt!!!!"....I can foresee that guy blushing and smacking you on the head if you did that...haha...but if he's a close friend, he'll probably say "Shhhhshhhh...." than again he would probably say "Is it, how do you know this is a girls shirt???" or "Yakah! how come I didn't know!!!" Hmmm..actually come to think about it, there will be many kind of response depending on what kind of guy that person is :D. And this can happen vice versa as well! :)

So that's it from me today!!! TA!

3 comments:

r.p said...

nice! I learnt something that i never even noticed it before. =D

Sileast Alley said...

This is the part where I should check my wardrobe for any shirt that would make me look like I am into female outfits.

~YM~ said...

haha..cos girls are always RIGHT!!! keke.. jz kidding...

then there's also reasons why last time gays wear earrings on the right side, while normal guys wear it on the left for fashion purposes.. n_n