Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hotel Fire Exits...Always Important To Know Where It Is!

I wonder whether any of you ever done this before??? I know for sure that I never really thought about it at all....till my boss mentioned it.....read on...

A few weeks back I was in a meeting and one of my boss mentioned that everytime he goes to a hotel, the first thing he will do when he gets into the room is look at the plan behind the door and look out for the emergency exit in case there is a fire. After he figures out where it is on the map, he actually goes out of his way to walk to that fire emergency exit.

He says the reason why he does this is because if there is really a fire in the hotel in the middle of the night at least he would be able to lead his whole family to the exit without any problem.

Can you imagine waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of a fire alarm. Your heart is racing and you just woke up. Your bearings are all over the place and I'm positive it will take you awhile to focus on the map behind your door to finally be able to find it. The other problem than, would be to actually get to it if you can find it. That would have taken a lot of your time already and your life maybe in danger.

Hahaha...I may be getting over excited and carried away about the whole situation but I think what my boss said is so true.

I know for sure that when I stay in a hotel, I do not have a clue where the fire exit is but one thing for sure is, the next time I do stay in a hotel I'll definitely look for it first and walk towards it before I do anything else. At least my family would be safe and I would be safe. Don't you all think?

Anyway, this is just something I wanted you all to be aware of. You have nothing to lose...right?

So, that's it from me....:D

6 comments:

JEAN LE said...

totally didn't bother before this! thanks for the info.. haha..

Marc said...

wow that got me thinking, I have never checked out the fire exit before when i travel! Thanks!

Sileast Alley said...

This is really true and a 'must' to remember, I use to do that alot before I sleep in any hotel.....but there was this one time I was sleeping in this budget hotel, in sarikei.... And I realized that there wasn't any fire exit or things like that.... So I ask the counter....The guy probably took me for either an idiot or bossy or something ....and told me if u want to get out during a fire....just open and jump out the window.

Unknown said...

That's nother thing to consider if u're freaked out by being in a burning building, is to request to be in the lowest floors available.

So, that in any case, if there is a fire, you wont have that many floors to go down. Also the firemen can reach u faster should ur exits be blocked.... :D Go talk to a fireman n ask what would they do if they're stayin in a hotel....

337 said...

They'll call room services... and get laid.

Jacqie said...

Anytime guys...I'm going to make sure I find out where it is the next time :)

Omi...aiyo....no comment....