Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Love for Jogging!!!

I love FOOD!!! FOOD is my life!!! I go jogging also for FOOD!!! Cause I want to eat whatever I want, and therefore I need to burn it in order to eat more!!! That's why I still am able to remain the same size even though I eat a lot :P I went jogging early this morning cause I'm going to a friends house for Lunch later!!! :P

You may be wondering why on earth is this girl talking about jogging??? Well, my dad died of a heart attack....and besides some of his bad habits of smoking and drinking, I think he just did not have enough exercise. It would have been wonderful if he was still alive today. So, do bare with me, as I think this advice will help many of you to live a longer life. Don't you all want to? For your family? For your children? For whoever that loves you??? Well, here I go...

I think among all the sports out there, jogging is one of the safest (low chances of injuring yourself) and the cheapest. I can honestly tell you that jogging helps maintain your weight and all you need to do is jog 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes. Its easy!!! Bring a friend and make a commitment with her/him...it makes it even easier to jog...or bring an MP3 with music you love...30 minutes will fly by! Don't try to be superman and start off in full speed. Start slow. You can jog and walk and jog again. Take it at your own speed. Eventually it gets easier to jog longer.

Do take note that when you first start, you will start aching here and there. That's just your muscles adjusting to exercise. It may hurt a few days but one day you'll realise, after doing 6 or 7 rounds, that it just doesn't hurt anymore. The best part to that is, you have nice lean legs with muscles that you can show off ;) (this applies to the girls only :P but guys if you want to have lean legs as well, by all means, however you guys have hormones which gets you to build muscles..but they will definitely look nice on you *wink*...I mean it is better to have nice muscular legs than long lean legs for guys...right??? Girls, agree???). Now girls, its ridiculous if you think that by going jogging you will have bulky muscular legs. In reality, that just does not happen, (unless you go on protein shake and steroids I suppose) girls do not build muscle easily because we do not have the same hormones as guys! Jogging actually gives us slimmer solid legs....seriously! I'm not kidding!!!

Now, why you think I would recommend jogging...well...this is why...

  • It keeps you fit it does, it seriously does, you will feel less tired and have more energy....seriously!!! Plus, the fact that you probably could have more stamina for some night action ;) this applies to married people only...hahaha :P
  • It lets you eat and maintains your weight Yeah it does!!! I can eat and eat and eat and I'm still the same size as I use to be. I don't even have to worry about dieting....isn't that wonderful??? Of course make sure you eat healthy also lah...don't just eat fatty stuff all the time.
  • Its also a very good stress relief so true!!! Last week was a very stressful week for me, if I didn't go jogging, I wouldn't know how else to lose that stress...and if I couldn't do so, I would have become depress...not a very good thing to happen.
  • It also releases natural endorphins which enhances your mood and fights depression Again, so true, cause when I am stressed out, after I go for a jog, I actually feel happier....isn't it amazing how your body can actually produce natural medication to help release stress and depression. I mean God figured everything out first before he made us. Its really amazing. SO, try jogging if you are feeling depress, it works wonders for me over the years...I'm serious!!!
  • It fights aging and disease Hell yeah! I still feel young...hahaha...probably that's because I still am..but I am reaching 30 in a years time...so not so young anymore. But, if you saw me, you would still think I'm in my 20's....hahaha...prasan nya aku :P
  • It prevents muscle and bone loss definitely something for us who are not getting any younger anymore...don't you think??? That's why its good to start young.
  • Obviously its great for maintaining and improving your health and boosting your immune system people are dying younger these days, its really scary....we have all sorts of deceases and one of them is cancer....now, if you don't have a strong immune system, the cancer cells are able to grow...that is why one of the most important things in life is to exercise....and of course you need to make sure you eat right and take supplements as well.
  • It increases your metabolism rate Now, if you all notice as we grow older, our metabolism rate seems to slow down and when than happens we tend to put on weight easier and faster. Now, to stop that from happening...you need to jog at least 3 times a week. Somehow by doing so, your metabolism rate increases.

So, what I'm trying to say is, don't sit around and stare at your computer the whole day...do something that is beneficial to your body! You only have one, remember that!!! And God gave it to you to take care of it!!! Just remember...START SLOW!!! For those of you who are older, I would recommend Brisk Walking! START TODAY, don't procrastinate.....stop being a couch potatoand be consistent when you start...cause once you stop its very hard to get back on track. And don't you dare say "It's too late for me to start exercising". NO SUCH THING!!!

TO conclude hahaha...sounds like I'm writing an essay You could Add 4 Years to your Life just by Exercising. And check out this website which say so:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/14/AR2005111401051.html

That's me, with one of my headphones in my hand as I was passing buy one my ex-colleague to talk, but obviously they rather take a picture of me instead...so that's my fast reflex...hands up!!! :)


TA!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think there's a marathon or something of that sort goin to happen in Miri in the next few mths rite? My friend n her OH is goin there n dey oso ave INK on em.....

How bout u join the race n I recommend Mond for their INK.... Currently dey likez to go back to da guy in Bali....

Unknown said...

Here's proof that ladies wont have big guns.... checkout the female runners:

http://forum.ipoh.com.my/showthread.php?p=159221#post159221

Jacqie said...

Hey Ruben, hahaha...not sure whether I would join the race...:P Might do it for fun I suppose but I don't think I can handle the distance unlike your friend. I think she's superwoman!!! Seriously!!! :P and sure thing about recommending Solomon....ask her to check out my blog for the pictures :). Thanks Ruben, your always a sweetheart!

dolphintales said...

I will be in Miri next week :)
but i think i might not be good to race. I fell down and fractured my ribs :(

Jacqie said...

dolphintales, What! how did you do that??? Anyway, interested in getting a tattoo instead??? My hubby is a tattoist... :P Call me if you need someone to bring you around...anybody who is Ruben's friend is my friend too :) You can get my number of him :)

Chuckiesd said...

yes..jogging is good for health..i hope i can make once a week to burn my calories..