Thursday, May 15, 2008

WHPH today!!! Expedition!!! YEAY!!

Today is a WHPH day, and that means in the afternoon we usually have some activity that is outside the office. For today our department will be going to Tusan ( I have no idea where that is, except for the fact that it is in Miri...hahaha...stayed here all my life but still have no clue of where certain place are...haha...sad lah :P) This is the email that I receive yesterday from my colleague regarding our activity for today:

All ready for some sun and sand? (YES!!!)


The GeoTour will go ahead as plan, tomorrow afternoon. (YEAY!!!!)



We have also identified alternate route in the event the beach is not accessible so it's all go for tomorrw's WHPH.
(YEAY!! YEAY!!! cause that means that even if it is high tide we still get to go there!!!)



We will continue to monitor weather & beach conditions for next 24-hrs.
(So far the weather looks pretty good!!! Nice and Cloudy....but you know how Miri weather is these days, one moment nice and sunny, the next moment a full on Thunderstorm!!!)



Be aware of the time of departure. Prompt departure will enable prompt departure from beach before nightfall & rising tides.
(Wow!!! I better get there on time. Does this means that we just leave those who comes late behind???)

Info pack for what you need to bring, do and see is attached below:
(Wah! we even have an info pack on what to bring!!!...so cool!!!)

When to Meet :
Date: Friday, 16th May
(That's today!! YEAY!!!)
Time: 1300 - 1700hrs
(That's in about an hours time!!!)

Where To Meet :
Meeting Point: Taman Selera Tj. Lubang carpark (public park immediately SW of Marriot Hotel) at 13:00 hr, depart at about 13:15hr (I definitely know where this place is...trying having dinner at Stall No.7, my friends stall, her name is Rita....very yummy the food!!! Hahaha...sempat promote lagik tu!)
How to Get there: - Drive to Mariott Hotel (I guess the Orang Putih's are more familiar with Marriot)
- Drive southerly past Mariott, you'll meet a round-a-bout (Is there such a word as Southerly??? Hahaha..I know I make up words as well...but its nice to know whether this word really does exist or not :P)
- Go around round-about, take the 12 o' clock (due South) road (Wow! when you tell me a direction using the numbers on the clock, I seriously get confuse...sure sesat wan. Lucky for me I know where Taman Selera is...hahaha)
- past round-a-bout, there is a garden and playground on your RIGHT (you don't say! :)).

See MAP below - contact me if you require further assistance in getting there. I will be in office on Friday morning. (Sorry I didn't get to post the map...haha...didn't think it was necessary unless you are really interested to see it??? Oklah, I put it up, you all wait ah...)


What Will We Be Doing at Tmn Selera:
- we will car pool into 4 4WD cars for the drive (Great! I don't have to drive my ever so small kelisa and get stuck in the sand somewhere...but than again, even if it does get stuck, I'm positive its easy to get it out as well...Kelisa light what! :P)
- info-pack will be distributed for each car (Another Infor Pack!!! This is interesting!!!)
- we will depart for Tusan in an envoy (Yeay!!! we get to play with the emergency light so people would know we are in a group!!!)

What to Expect:
- deserted beaches & spectacular seacliffs (Ooooo...deserted beaches!!! harap no hantu!!! Day time usually don't have eh???. Spectacular seacliffs??? I hope so...will take pictures later)
- Miocene marine fossils (gastropods, bivalves, crabs, shark & fish tooth/bone) (WAH! I hope I do see some...will take picture also!!!)
- shallow marine to near shore sedimentology (I don't know what that means!!! :P, Will ask later)


What to bring:

Personal HSE
- Attire (Hmmmm.....takkan we go naked???)
- Light clothes (Do I need to weight my clothes first???)
- Cap/Fisherman's hat (Ahhh...I might have something like that....will take picture and show you how I look in it :P)
- Shoes
- Sports shoes (for walking) &/or sandals (for wading in water) (Wah! like this have to bring bag pack already!!!...haahha)
- Plastic bags
- bags to keep your fossil loot & damp clothes (huh? damn clothes??? Where to change in a deserted beach???)

- PPE
- Sun-bloc (I have that!!!)
- Towels (Seriously lah, need a bag pack like this!!!!)

- Mobile
- Moderate-to-poor reception for mobile esp. towards Beraya beach (Oh no! How can I live without my phone????)
- Camera (A must!)


What will be provided:

Vehicular HSE
Communication
- Walkie-Talkie (Ahhh...something to annoy people with!!!)

HSE Toolkit
- Spade (Cool! Digging is fun!)
- Towing ropes (Oh no! Sounds like we might get stuck somewhere...I hope not...well better be prepared than not!!!...right???)
Team HSE
-First Aid Box (MUST HAVE!!!)
- 1

-First Aid pack (Not same as First Aid Box kah???)
- 2

-Fire
Extinguisher (MUST HAVE ALSO!)

- Drinks
- mineral Water (Yes!!! Free Mineral water is always good!!!)
- 100 Plus (Yes!!! more energy to continue walking and digging!!!)

-Map (You mean, we might get lost? I thought we have experienced people bringing us there??? hmmm....if you don't see any blog from me in two days...call the police, I might be lost!!! ahhh...so scary...but still going anyway :P)

-Guided Walk (I hope so!!!)

And that's it, map is as below so sorry so small :P...wish me luck!!! :P


No comments: