Monday, May 5, 2008

7 Habits of Highly Effective People

This is a seriously good course to go to. I recommend it to everyone.
You know how we all like to have new years resolutions and usually it just doesn't work out? Well, in this course, it lets you sit back and think of what you really want to do with your life and how you really want people to think about you after you leave this world. It makes me think to an extend that I've realised that I haven't really done much with my life. This course not only makes you think about the habits you should have but to actually practice it till it becomes a habit!!! And its not only about being effective at work, but also in your personal life.
What hits me the most in this course is how we all are so affected by the weather around us. When people treat us good, we are happy and life looks good. But when people start treating us bad, we start getting angry and defensive. Many a times we fail to realise that we have a CHOICE to CHOOSE our own WEATHER!!! Now, a good example to this is when we are on the road driving. Many times we get irritated and annoyed with other drivers just because they drive too fast or they just can't drive (that's what we think lah). Then when we start cursing the other drivers, the people inside the car will get frustrated as well...and in the end, everybody is in a foul mood and the other driver who is driving like mad is clueless to your anger. So, why do we need to get angry??? We can Choose to think otherwise and probably say "the other driver probably has a really bad stomach ache and that is why he is driving like that"...it could be a fact??? and at least you and the people inside the car will laugh about it and be in a better mood!!
So in general, what I'm trying to say is that we have the freedom to choose how we want to feel and this just proves that my phrase works for me and I have to seriously live by it: "Life is not perfect! Its how we deal with it that makes it a better place to live in!!!"
That is one thing I learn....besides that, everything in that course is wonderful, it will seriously help you out in your life...and I know it will in mine. I'm trying to change for the better and be a more effective person, not only in my work but also in my personal life and also, emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually. I'm going to make sure that the people around me know that I care and that I'm a true friend!!!
For those of you who are my friends out there..I sincerely apologies if I have heard you all in any way at all. I never meant to do so. I hope we have many many years of wonderful friendship to come. Love you guys!!!!
*I'm always here if you need a listening ear.... :)

No comments: