Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Champion of Low Fares??? MAS vs AirAsia...

It's amazing how TWO competitive airlines get together to compete and the outcome is....CHEAP FARES for everyone...hahaha...lucky us!!!

Anyway, this morning I was going through Airasia's website because I wanted to get a ticket for my brother-in-law and the first thing that greeted me on the AirAsia page is "Champion of Low Fares" with a cute golden crown on its letter "O". I though that was really interesting and the competition is really ON! You know, when I first saw MAS having the RM0 Fare, the first thing that came to my mind was "Sure AirAsia will have RM0 fare soon as well, they sure tak mahu kalah wan!" and true enough! a few days later "TA-DA!" AirAsia was on its RM0 Fare as well.

So I did a comparison on the flight ticket of MAS and AirAsia from Miri to KL and back (I did this because I tidak mahu rasa as if I rugi I bought the AirAsia return ticket early this year for RM0 from Miri to KL and back!!!...hahaha...I know sometimes I very kiasu wan!!!). This is what I found out:

AirAsia Return Ticket from Miri to KL to Miri - RM158

MAS Return Ticket from Miri to KL to Miri - RM240

Therefore AirAsia is still cheaper!!! Of course MAS has more CLASS but hey some people just want to get from one destination to another....like me!!!

But there are definitely people who would pay another RM82 to have the CLASS and that MAS has to offer....

So which one would you consider yourself to be in? Save money on the flight and have more money to spend shopping? Or Pay the extra RM82 and still have money to spend because you are SO DAMN RICH!!!...hahaha......this means that you're either rich or poor or just plain kedekut when it comes to spending money....which is a good thing lah, not something bad...at least you know for sure you will never starve to death and you'll probably be so damn rich in the future!!! Than you can be like the SO DAMN RICH people and buy only MAS tickets!!!

Ok, enough about Rich or Poor.....hahaha....that's making me sad.....lets move on with this topic...

Now, since MAS and AirAsia are in competition, it is therefore always wise to make sure that before you buy any ticket, check out both websites. You might find yourself looking at better price/cheaper tickets on the MAS website than the AirAsia. Don't just buy AirAsia ticket without thinking about MAS ticket cause you might very likely regret having to put out more money when you could have put out less and have CLASS!!! So, take note of that! I think most of you know already lah...cause I know you all reading my blog very smart wan....but I'm just letting you all know lah, just in case bah! :P

So, that's about it regarding MAS vs AirAsia!!! At the end of it all I'm very thankful for AIRASIA!!! Without them, their phrase "Now Everyone Can Fly" would have only been a dream...

To end it of....this is the price for RM0 Fare from Miri to Kuching (One Way):

AirAsia - RM57 (inclusive of 1 checked bagage + insurance)

MAS - RM76 (of course it automatically covers checked baggage and insurance (I think) too...)

And the very Final Ending (hahaha...I know sometimes I get carried away, I just can't end!!! but this is seriously it!!!)

When AirAsia first started,
We said "How could the price be so cheap?"
Maybe the plane is outdated! we thought,
Seriously could it be that cheap?

But despite all that was rumoured,
We said "Lets try it, its cheap!"
So we got on the plane and prayed!
GUESS WHAT?,
It arrived!, it seriously DID!!!

*wink* :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Jacqie. I appreciate your words especially thanking Airasia . It is a nightmare being in this business but it makes it all the worthwhile when I read your comments. To be appreciated is the greatest feeling. Hopefully will meet you in the lcct sometime
kind regards,
tony

Jacqie said...

The pleasure is all mine!!! :D

BROWMAN said...

jacqie having both airasia and mas is great for us customers = choice. but i disagree that flying mas is all about class. for me, i am wheelchair bound so mas is more comfortable overall. might i also add the use of wheelchair is free with mas whereas airasia charges RM12 for the facility.

Unknown said...

Dear Browman,

if you have you own wheelchair we do not charge,
kind regards\tony

Jacqie said...

Browman: Hey, welcome to my blog...I hope tony answered your question :) Thanks Tony!