Monday, May 12, 2008

The Second Night of the Jazz Festival

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you on how the second day went. Well, obviously the second day was better than the first...haha...not because the Jazz'es were better but because I had more friends around....hahaha....and I got to try out more FOOD!!!! And I had ICE CREAM again, with flavours like Capuccino, Chocolate and White Chocolate....Aiyo! So nice I tell you!!! (I know I'm suppose to concentrate more on the music but I'm so sorry I didn't I think I just can't resist food! Food comes first over Jazz....sigh...haha...oh well...read on if you want to:))

(Note that there wouldn't be any pictures in this blog again because I was so in a rush to get my ass to the Jazz festival that I forgot to charge the camera and find the strap. So after my little girl had fallen asleep, I start getting ready and just as I was about to leave the house I remembered the camera, but after remembering that I have not charged it yet and I had no idea where the strap was so I could hang it round my neck, I decided to just leave it and go....so now I'm depending on my other friends there that night to give me the pictures...Leonard! if you are reading this, I need the pictures!!! :P. I know you said you won't give it to me because I am now a blogger but I know deep deep down you have a kind hearted soul :)...yes, yes, I'm trying to bribe you with nice words so you would give me the pictures...hehehe...I know you have some weird looking pictures of me as well....maybe I should just go over to your house and bring an empty CD so I can get it off you before you start deleting them...hmmm...that's an idea!!! Will give you a buzz later....ok back to the Jazz festival...read on....)

Then we had Quail...not sure what that really is but I think its a small bird...don't think its a pigeon though...(Is Quail a disguise name for Pigeons????..I hope not) ...anyway it had small tiny wings...poor thing...but I ate it despite saying "kesian" to it a few times. Taste like normal chicken...but much smaller obviously....only ate one of that but the rest had a great time with it :). Then we had fried kueh tiaw!!! I think my expectations were way too high....it wasn;t as good as I thought it would be....it tasted spicy but that's about it. I still think the kueh tiaw stall at Pelita Commercial Center is way better!!! (if you need directions please feel free to ask). I had some Japanese rolls too....not as nice as when you actually have them at Nikko or Shiki but not too bad. I was offered Pizza by one of my school mates....hehe...sorry dear, if you ever get around to reading this, I apologize cause I somehow forgot your name...oh wait! I think its Lisa...I'm positive it is...hahaha....wow....didn't think my memory could remember that...thanks brain! Well, the Pizza looked nice but I wasn't in a mood for Pizza at that time. Instead after that offer, I went for my favourite Jazz festival fish and chips...so yummy yummy...I know I had them the day before but I might as well have it again cause the next time I'll be eating it would be in the next Jazz Festival....a year away...sigh...so far away...I know I could go to the Cafe Miri to have them but like I said it's not the same....I think its the environment that makes it yummier!!!

Ok, besides food, I had a good group of friends. These friends of mine are friends for life, they are always great to hang out with. Let me name all of them, we have the ladies who are, Alison, Debbie, and Esther (who was a great fun to hang out with after a long long long time of not seeing her as she's in KL) and the guys Leonard, Dominic and my hubby and of course our dear Arthur Akal (www.damndirtyangel.blogspot.com) ...my cousin-in-law who is my husbands partner in crime to the tattoo business....oh I guess I did forget to mention that my husband is a tattooist. Will talk about it in my next blog which I'll probably write tonight. Will put pictures in of some of their work, so you all can check it out :) So those were the wonderful people I hang out with.

As for drinks, I had some Mohito's (courtesy of Esther, Alison and Leonard) and a heneiken. Thanks for drinks guys....next time drinks will be on me...alright!!!

Besides all the food, and the friends, the music was good too...though I'm not a fan of Jazz music (I think I mentioned that in the last blog). I especially thought the Algerian group was really good...aka Amar Sundy, yes Arthur I know you have his pic...you were just at the right place at the right time :P. I missed the Canadian group cause I was tired and it was raining and therefore tired + rain = sleep :) The rain was cooperative enough to only come down at around 11.30pm....if I'm, not mistaken...

Overall, I think this years Jazz festival was better than last years. Will definitely go again next year for the food and the friends and I hope it doesn't rain at all next year :)

So that's it people...will post the pictures up once I have them....so stay tune for them...TA!

No comments: