Monday, May 5, 2008

Back from KK!!!

I just got back from KK last Sunday from our KRP sports trip and I seriously had a blast. Wish I didn't have to come back to the real world of early mornings and work..haha..but despite all that, I am glad to be home cause I've missed my little monster...:P.
When we reached KK around 8.45am on a Friday morning, we were excited to see our living place for the next 2 nights. Sad to say, when we arrived at the Likas Apartment, we were greeted with a very old looking building which didn't have much life in it anymore. The first thing that came to my mind was, I seriously hope this place is not HAUNTED (I'm seriously hopeless when it comes to old building, I somehow always manage to relate it with ghosts!!!). Anyway, we were given our keys to the apartments which we were suppose to be in. While walking towards the room we were again greeted with a corridor that was not carpeted and not even air-conditioned and I mentioned to one of netballers "I hope the inside is nicer than the outside". And when we finally reach our door to the apartment, we got the key in, turn the lock and to everybody's surprise, the apartment was beautiful!!! It had 3 rooms and I think it was just refurbished....so everything was pretty brand new. So I was happy. Unfortunately, the toilet had a bit of problem cause the water didn't want to go down after we showered and the other apartment had a natural water fountain in their toilet...hahaha....but all was good! As long as we all had a good bed to sleep in.
After we unpacked and rested for a bit it was time for us to go down to play our netball. Netball was good as we won 31 - 4 to Yayasan Sabah. It was a good win and definitely a game to remember. Especially the netballer from Yayasan Sabah who had fake eyelashes on and a lot of powder on her face!!! I remebered someone saying "Is this a modelling competition or netball???" hahaha...if it was a modelling competition, they might have won us hands down!!! :P
That night we all went to Cock and Bull to watch the Pool Competition. It was a slim win overall and a good fight from the pool players!!! After the win, which was around 2am...a few of us went to grab something to eat...and you know what I discovered, I discovered fried pork intestines!!! WAH!!!! they were seriously fantastic!!!!! (My apologies to the muslims for my comments here!Sorry....:)). Until today I still cannot forget it!!! Don't think I will ever forget it till I go back to KK again and eat it. After that we went home and had a good night sleep. Time was 3am.
The next day I woke up at 6.30am....I was so upste that I woke up at that time because i knew I didn't have enough sleep, but I couldn't go back to sleep no matter how hard I tried! Finally at 7.30am I decided to wake up and catch the 9am bus to the city. So I got ready and down we all went to the city!!! The first destination we went to was an eating place which sold bah kut teh because we were all so so so hungry, and I think that took us almost 1 hour just to look for it since we got lost a few times. After that we went to the FIlipino market. I bargained and bought a few stuffs from there and then we went to Warisan Square. A very nice building, I think Miri should build something like that. I mean look at Miri and KK!!! KK has grown so much in only 6 years, since I was last there in 2002. As for Miri, not much has been done accept the fly over!!! No new shopping malls!!! So sad!!! Back to my story, at 1pm we caught the bus back to our Apartment and rested till aroud 4.30pm, where one of our netballers wanted to check out the other supermarket...so off we went walking towards that supermarket only to discover that it was a Muzeum of some sort...HAHAHA.....and surprisingly we were not the only ones who were walking in that direction....so much for checking out the other so called supermarket. After that we went back to the old supermarket which was connected to the Apartment just to waste time. After that we went back and prepared ourselves for the dinner that night with the Yayasan Sabah people.
Dinner was not too bad and after the dinner we took pictures (we had already taken so much pictures during the last few days) and we went home and just hanged out. We didn't go out cause we all were feeling the tiredness from the previous night. Played cards, watch tv and went to sleep around12.30am.
The next day we woke up to catch the bus to town before we headed for the airport. Went to Gaya street than to the Filipino market again to buy last minute souviniers. Walked back to Wisma Merdeka to catch the bus and while waiting for the bus, I manage to buy two baju's which cost RM2/ each!!! I seriously couldn't believe it, but hey its worth being small sized like me cause baju's that fit me sometimes are not bought and therefore becomes clearance stock!!! I was very happy with the purchase as it felt lik buying kolok mee!!! :P life is good!!!
After that we all caught the bus to the airport and went back home to Miri and everything is back to normal.
KK is a beautiful place! Definitely a place where I would go back over and over again in the near future. Thanks KK for the RM2 shirts!!! Will put some pictures up when I get them :)

3 comments:

Midnight Rocker said...

When you say little monster, i presume you're referring to Solomon right? :P

Nice to know your life in Shell is full of fun.

Jacqie said...

Hahaha....funny Kevin..very funny :P

Yeah it is!!! :P Life is good!

Midnight Rocker said...

So how's the little monster today? and I mean Solomon :P