Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wedding Ring on the 4th Finger???

Hello people!!! It's a wonderful day today because it's FRIDAY!!! Yahoooooo!!!! Two more days and I am off to KL to do all the wonderful things that I have plan to do!!! Hmmm...I better write them down and put them in my wallet so I can look at it and cancel off the things that I have done..."YES, indeed, that's a FANTASTIC IDEA JACQIE!!!" Yalah, have to puji myself once in awhile cause nobody puji me bah....:P

Anyway, back to the topic of today. Have you ever wondered why we wear our wedding band on the 4th finger??? Some of you would probably know already cause I remembered quite awhile back, someone forwarded me and email regarding it. Today however, I received another email of the same kind but in a video format!!! How fantastic is that!!! You can even follow along and try it out!!! :D

Here it is....

It's a good video kan!!! And the idea behind it says a lot about how a marriage should be, and that is "Till Death Do Us Part!!!". Agree??? Disagree??? Well, it's debatable...but for me, totally agree!!! Why get married if you are not willing to go the distance with the good and the bad of your other half...true??? Unless of course, your other half abuses you lah...than like I said in my previous blog a few months back, it's another story altogether.

Think many times before you get married and face the facts that there will definitely be bad times in a marriage....but it can always be worked out if you really want it to by both parties and not by one only lah...there is a saying that goes something like this, you cannot clap with one hand alone, you must use two, than there is sound.....something like that lah....hahaha...the English also sounds terrible in that sentence....Manglish (Malaysian English:P) lah konon!!! Anyway, I think its a Malay phrase...anyone know how the phrase goes in Malay???.....I'm so crap lah when it comes to phrases....hmmm...maybe I can think of another one...wait ah...give me a moment to think.....Aha!!! here it is "It takes two to tango!!!"...meaning that "You are not the only one in the marriage, there are two of you" and if you want it to work, both of you have to work at it!!!


Ok, ok better stop, I'm beginning to sound as if I'm giving a lecture!!! See! This is what happens when you have been lecturing in a college for 3 years!!! You tend to get carried away with yourself when you start talking!!! :P

Well, that's it from me!!! TA!!!

No comments: