Monday, July 28, 2008

How to Potty Train Your Child Without Having to Potty Train!!! Bubek???

How to potty train without having to potty train??? THE ANSWER IS....*drum roll*...teretereteretereteretereteretere.........TA_DA!!! JUST LET THEM DO IT THEMSELVES!!! Either than that, make sure she sees a little girl she likes going potty. If your child is anything like mine.....drum roll again please...teretereteretereteretere....TA-DA!!!...you got a potty trained child without even having to potty train!!! *CLAP HANDS ENTHUSIASTICALLY* Just like MAGIC!!! Here's the story.....

So, in my last blog I wrote in one of my goals that I would potty trained my daughter by the end of this year (well, that's not exactly what I said lah, but it is along those lines). I wrote that last Saturday morning...and guess what!!!!

Surprise, Surprise!!! That afternoon when she got home from the babysitter, she didn't want to use her pampers anymore!!! And she just wanted to use the potty!!! Isn't that fantastic!!! Ohhhhhhh....I so love my daughter!!! I'm thinking its because she saw this girl Ashley (4 years old) that she liked the other day using the toilet to pee and i thnk that made her decide to just do that it as well!!! My daughter is like that one.....very the copy cat! But I think that's a really good thing in this sense....don't you all think. I mean I didn't have to go through the hassle of training her...hahaha....THANK GOD!!! Sigh....this just proves that I am one lazy person...haha...kesian my daughter...:).

Anyway, the other day she wanted to pee but she forgot to tell me that she wanted to pee, so she had kinda peed a bit in her shorts than she told me "Mummy! Bau!!!". Somehow, she manage to hold it back in and we both ran to toilet!!! Haha...and thank goodness she didn't wet the floor!!!

And than on Sunday we were all sitting in the living room while she was entertaining herself and she kept saying "Sera Kentut!"and gives me that cheeky face...hmmm...and I said "Eeeee....Bau" and gave her a smile back, than suddenly she gave me that face that she wanted to Bubek (Bubek in Kelabit means doing the number 2!!!)...and I look at her straight in the eyes and asked her "Sera, want to Bubek???" in a higher than normal tone...haha...cause I was so worried she would Bubek there and than, and without her pampers on!!! This would mean that it would fall on the carpet and I would have to clean it up!!! AIYO!!! I was stress tidak tentu wan!!! :-O (Note: Hubby will only do that if I was not around....if I'm around he will have nothing to do with it :-O) She looked at me with that expression of having every intention to push out what needs to be pushed out, and than because she didn't reply me (she was probably overwhelmed with the decision to hold it in or to push it out), I ask her again, but this time in a more calm tone cause I didn't want her to panic either.

And she finally replied with a nod....poor girl, she couldn't even utter a word...probably still contemplating on what to do. So again, the race to the bathroom!!! (Note, all this happen in a matter of seconds!!!) I don't think she has ever bubek in her potty before so it was kind of a new experience for her...so I had to make sure she didn't freak out...so guess what I did??? I took in a story book and read it with her....hahahaha...apparently she enjoyed that experience cause she than told her grandma about what we both did!!! Hmmm....I hope she doesn't expect me to do this all the time....OH NO! I hope I didn't instill in her the habit of reading in the toilet!!! I mean it's ok if she reads and do it at the same time and once she is done she comes out immediately!!! But I've known some people who stay in the toilet for ages!!! I'm sure they have finished doing their business but I think they get so caught up with reading that they forget to come out!!! What's with that I wonder??? Not smelly meh??? The bum not painful meh for sitting so long???

Ok, ok, I'm getting carried away with the toilet issue. I better not read to her the next time...haha...maybe just sit with her till she's done!! Anyway, after she finish bubek and stood up while I was her bum, she kept saying "Eeee....Bau....eeeee....bau" and I said "of course lah, Sera Bubek bah!" than she told me to wash it....which of course I would do lah...but...come to think about it.....sigh...we mom's do everything, don't we??? Got to get the hubby to be more pro-active in things like this....hmmm...that's an interesting thought....need a strategy for this...any suggestions???

Anyway, I'm glad she's a big girl now and am able to go to the toilet when she needs to....this enables me to cut back on the cost for pampers!!! :D And that makes me a happy person!!! Of course at night she still does use her pampers cause I couldn't be bothered to wake her up every 2 hours and ask her to go pee. Hmmm...I'm beginning to think that I'm such a horrible mum!!! Haha...sad lah me....its no wonder I'm not ready for a second one just yet.

BUT!!! I do love my little Sera a lot. She's my little sweetheart for NOW!!!

Little Seraphina in a daze....

Oklah...that's it from me!!! YEAY!!! One Goal DOWN!!! Who would have thought it would be achieved so FAST!!! That just makes me an extremely happy MOMMY!!! And a few more to go!!!

P/S. So now if you have any kelabit friends at least you can tell them you know one kelabit word!!! And that is Bubek!!! And I might as well tell you what pee-ing is in Kelabit. It's Bupak! And that ends our lesson for today!!! :P I'm learning too!!! ;) See ya!!!

No comments: