Thursday, July 3, 2008

MIRI Supermarkets Going GREEN!!!

Sorry, just another short blog before I run out to get my coffee....

I read in yesterday's newspaper that "Supermarkets to go ‘green’ come August" in MIRI!!! We should be so proud of ourselves to be the first one in Sarawak to do so!!! I think lah....hahaha. Anywhere else in Sarawak doing it??? Not that I have heard off :D So YEAY to MIRI!!!! Soft opening is on July 11th...so try and support this....its a very good move to SAVE OUR PLANET EARTH....

Anyway, here is part of the article (taken from Borneo Post - 3rd July 2008) that I would like to highlight to you all:

As a start, the participating outlets will allocate special counters for shoppers who bring along own shopping bags to place their purchase (I guess that it is a good start!!! and you can buy those bags that says "I'm not a Plastic Bag"...hehehe....I think those bags are really cool....my sister has one and she bought hers from brunei...I'm sure you can get them in Miri but I'm not to sure where and I'm not sure whether it's original or not :P). Some outlets will distribute biodegradable bags and recyclable shopping bags to their shoppers, he said (Sounds good to me!!! Better than the first part, where they most probably will still use plastic bags).

Shoppers are encouraged to bring along their own bags (preferably cloth bag) or containers to place the food bought during the campaign,” (This is DEFINITELY a BETTER thing to do!!! So, go get your own bags!!! :D) Wee said, although admitting that it would be quite difficult for shoppers and business outlets to quickly adjust to the new concept. (It will definitely be DIFFICULT, nothing starts off easy...it always takes time to get into the habit of doing the right thing, it wasn't easy for us to move into the IT era...but we succeeded...now we are moving to the GREEN era...and I'm sure with everybody's help and support, we will succeed too!!!)

I'm not even sure whether this one is original or not....hahaha....any idea how to identify if it is??? Nowadays too many fake stuff already :P

YEAY!!! TO MIRI AGAIN!!! And be supportive OK!!! Especially if you want Miri to remain and healthy place to live in!!! And STOP BURNING STUFFS ALREADY!!! WE DON'T LIKE HAZE!!! And its BAD FOR OUR REPUTATION especially when we have TOURIST visiting US!

Oklah...enough from me, like mengamok saja me....hahaha...but I love MIRI that's why I'm like that lah...:P....I know you Mirian's love Miri just as much as I do...so help out, OK! :D


TA! Better go get my coffee now...headache not getting any better :D (and yes, I can still smile with a headache, if anybody is asking :))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GO GREEN MIRI!!!!

Zabdos said...

glad to hear the consciousness in protecting the environment...
btw, i'm an indonesian who is currently looking for jobs. is it hard to find job in Miri? Pls advise. Thanks