Friday, July 25, 2008

2008 Goals??? Realistic??? Rainy Day!!!

Its another wonderful rainy day today!!! Wonderful cause its a weekend and I don't have to go to work!!! YEAY!!!

I think I'll go take a short nap after this. Might as well do so since my little girl is at the babysitters and I have a little ME time :D. Than hopefully I don't oversleep till 12 noon or something like that cause than I would have wasted my whole morning doing nothing....hmmm.....but isn't that the whole purpose of having ME time??? Maybe I should just sit infront of the TV and keep changing channels until I find something nice on....or I could read a book which I haven't done in ages!!! Or better still, I should learn how to use XHTML so I can re-vamp my BLOG!!! Seriously, my blog is beginning to look as old as me!!! I SO NEED HELP IN THIS SECTION!!! How do you guys do it??? Everybody's blog looks so CANGGIH!!!

Maybe I should set a goal for myself....which would probably go something like this...

  • I will learn how to use XHTML and re-vamp my blog by October this year!!! I know some of you are saying, "Wah! so long ah!!!".....aiyo! give me a break can or not??? I have child, I'm working, I hardly even have time for myself. Besides, August I'll be too busy going shopping in KL and practicing POOL for the S-Games! And than in September I'm going to KK for a family vacation, as you all would probably know by now if you have been reading my blogs :). So I think October seems pretty realistic to me...don't you??? OR Maybe there is a volunteer out there who would happily re-vamp my blog for me??? Any takers??? :P hehehe...yes, I'm trying to take advantage of you guys out there who has all the free time in the world!!! :D Can? Can???

Maybe I should read this??? But than again, I can get free tutorials online...a friend gave me a site but I have yet to check it out...

Hmmm....since I'm doing "Goals" I might as well think of having other Goals before the year is over....hmmm....lets see....

  1. Learn how to play POOL better, probably get my own cue. Master all the different kinds of shots that they have and learn how to do ENGLISH??? (if you don't understand what this means, please read the previous blog :)) :-O I guess as long as the balls spins in some kind of direction, I would consider that mastering already...hahaha :P. Btw, did I mention that we won the friendly competition the other day. I think the other group was just as nervous as us :D....yes, my nerves were seriously all over the place and in my head I was seriously running around hysterically like a "headless chicken!!!"...somehow I can picture myself as a 'headless chicken' more than a 'cockroach hilang kepala' :P. Must have been a chicken in my previous life eh???? Anyway, me and Mr.D took turns in happily missing to get the black ball into the pocket. He for the first game and me for the second...hahaha.....nerves I tell you...its the nerves...such an easy shot and we both miss..haha...if you were there sure you also cannot understand how that could have happen!!! But despite that, we still WON!!! :P Not bad hoh!!!
  2. Get a camera!!! Very important!!!

  3. Lose at least 2 more kg by the end of this year. Now I'm 43 kg, I think I'll look nicer at 41kg. I still think my thighs are a little too big for me...I want to have solid looking thighs!!! Of course not easy lah...especially since I like to eat some more...hahaha....I know, I know, some of you are probably saying "JACQ! Your crazy lah!!! If you lose a few more kg's you'll VANISH INTO THIS AIR!!!" Ok, ok, I'm over exaggerating here, you'll most probably just say "JACQ! are you CRAZY!!! You are SO SMALL already!!!" hmmm...yeah that sounds more like it...right? Well, I guess its just up to me eh and there is nothing you can do about it! :P As long as I eat well and take my daily DOUBLE-X, I'm fine :) Trust me, I'm not trying to be anorexic or anything...I'm so not that kind of person :). If you think 41 kg is too light...wait till you see how tall I am first! I'm hardly even 5 feet!!! Sad or not??? Oppssss....my apologies to those who are shorter than me (obviously not many :D, but nevertheless my sincere apologies :))...but you guys would probably know best about what I'm talking about...;)....ok, ok, I'm getting to carried away with justifying about my weight...haha...I'm sure you all get what I mean lah!

  4. Make sure that my daughter is fully potty trained by the end of this year!!! I know it can be faster than that, but I think sometimes I'm just to lazy to ask her every hour "Sera, you want to go she-she or not???" which she will always reply "don't want!". So, I'm trying to be as realistic as possible with my goals here. And realistic meaning that it fits into my personality :P.

  5. Re-decorate my room!!! I'm getting bored of it being the way it is already! Maybe that should be done just before New Years!!! Than it will be like welcoming the New Years with a changed room....with some underlying implications that my 2009 will be a changed one!!! :D In a good way lah!!! And than I'll probably have all these new years resolutions which I never really keep anyway...haha...I bet you don't too!!! :P

  6. Get my daughter a single bed cause she's getting to big for her baby cot!!! Hmmm.....that I should do later, maybe go check out Sin Siang Hai cause they are having some furniture fair or something like that. If it is still too expensive, than I'll go check out Desmond furniture or Chan furniture (how I wish they have IKEA here :(...) I'm sure she'll be so excited to have a bigger bed....than she wouldn't have to climb over me every middle of the night to sleep right in the middle of me and her dad....maybe that's her way of saying "HELLO!!! If you haven't notice, my BED is TOO SMALL for ME ALREADY!!!!"...haha...sometimes I wonder what goes on in her head :P

  7. Make Personal Christmas Cards and Christmas Gifts for my friends!!! And here is where I have to thank my dear friend Michelle (you can find her blog at my link) who will be supplying me some of her scrapbooking materials!!! Did I tell you that I love you so much dear??? Hehehe....you've always been such a great friend!!! And I really mean it!!! Ahhh....I know some of you are thinking that I'm saying that just to ambik hati!!! Nolah!!! Umm...maybe a bit lah...but seriously and honestly, she's one of my dearest childhood friend and definitely a friend for life!!! I mean it babe!!!
  8. Learn to COOK??? Yes! Yes! I should!!! Lets just hope the house doesn't burn down...touch wood, touch wood!!! Hmmm (notice I use a lot of "hmmmm's" and when I do that, its usually me telling you that I'm in the process of thinking. This is just for your information lah....probably you knew that already but I just tell you in case you didn't know....but I think you would know lah....but I just tell you lah! Sigh...I better stop before I make everyone even more confuse...very bad habit of mine )...so where was I, oh yah! Why do people always use the word "Touch Wood" ah? Especially if they don't want something bad to happen to them ah??? Maybe I can Google it and find out how it came about...wait ah....

I'm Googling...................................

Still Gooogling...............................................

Still Gooogling..................................................be patient bah.......

AHA! Here it is!!! :

It is commonly thought that knocking on wood has been a superstitious action to ward off evil throughout history involving both Pagan and Christian belief systems.[1] Some believe it has to do with knocking on the wooden cross.[2] Another explanation for this practice is the pagan belief that spirits (dryads) lived in trees.[3]By knocking on the wood of a tree while making some sort of a bold statement, the speaker could prevent the spirit from hearing him and stop the spirit from interfering[citation needed] or out of respect for the wood spirit, touching a tree indicated seeking protection from the particular spirit.[4]

However historian Steve Roud[5] finds no evidence in the British Isles for the earlier theories, suggesting that the superstitions have not been traced beyond children's games of tag of the early nineteenth century. According to Roud, the earliest documented references to "touching wood" are from 1805 and 1828 and concern chasing games like "Tiggy-touch-wood", where you are safe from being "tagged" if you "touch wood", says Roud, "'Tiggy-touch-wood" was an extremely well-known game, and it is more than likely that the phrase was passed into everyday language.

(Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocking_on_wood)

Hmmmmm....very interesting!!! I learn something new everyday!!!! COOL!!! You probably didn't know either....right??? :P

Oklah, I think my Goals should stop at 8, since it is 2008 this year and the Olympics will start on the 08/08/08...in China...so cun hoh that the Olympics will be in China, especially since 8 is THE number for them!!! SO COOL!!! Hmmm....maybe that's the reason why it was decided to be held in China eh??? You think???

Ummm...never mindlah...no need to think so much....today is Saturday and I'm also starting to talk crap and that's a sign that I should stop writing just about now!!! So, have an enjoyable weekend people!!!! Love you guys!!!

That's it from ME!!! TA!!!

No comments: