Friday, July 11, 2008

How to Get a Baby BOY or a Baby GIRL!!!

Ok...here I am...finally have some time to write. Now about the Jogathon, I have yet to get the pictures but I WON!!!! I came in first and now I have a new DVD player, a return ticket to KK for 2, a night stay at Parkcity Everly and Buffet for 2 also at Parkcity Everly :D. My joggin paid off!!! Anyway, that's not today's topic. I will talk more about that when I get the pictures of me winning the prize!!!

Today I'm going to talk about something very interesting that I read from Karen Cheng's blog. A friend actually introduced that blog to me this morning, you can check it out whenever you are free:

http://karencheng.com.au/

The particular blog that she my friend wanted me to check out was this one:

http://www.karencheng.com.au/2008/01/11/making-baby-3-part-13-the-chinese-gender-chart/

What's interesting about this one, is that it tells you whether you'll be having a boy or a girl by putting your age (chinese age) and month together. My friend did mention to me that its very accurate. She said her's is so true and she really did have a boy. So, I also kepo-kepo wanted to see whether it was accurate or not lah! You know me!

So this was our conversation after I saw the chart:

ME : mine tidak ngam leh

FRIEND : isit??

ME : 28 years old in March - Male (obviously mine is a girl, but people say look like boy lah....hmmm...makes me wonder...)

FRIEND: but if u add 2, it'll be accurate...ehh, salah tgk oso...M oso

ME: hahaha

ME: maybe because my husband not chinese eh! hahahaha, urs chinese bah, that's why cun!

FRIEND: hehe, tat means not so accurate oso la, i think (another friends name) oso ever said that hers not cun

ME: probably kelabits have different calender, eh...hahaha (you think??? yes, yes, its quite obvious that I was talking crap already...:P)

FRIEND: hahaha (well, thank God she laughed at it too...:P...such a good supportive friend I have!!! She always laughs at my joke, even if its not funny...:D thanks babe...I love you heaps!!!)

So to conclude, deciding on what gender your baby is, is not easy...haha....unless you follow some ovulation method, which I read somewhere that might work...hmmm...let me look it up...

Can't seem to find it but this is something which fits into the ovulation method and the gender of your baby.

The baby's sex was studied in 3658 births to Jewish women who observed the orthodox ritual of sexual separation each month and who resumed intercourse within two days of ovulation. The proportion of male babies was significantly higher. In the offspring of women who resumed intercourse two days after ovulation. This proportion tended to be lower on or near the day of ovulation than on the previous one or two days. These results, which were consistent in different demographic subgroups, demonstrate that insemination on different days of the menstrual cycle does lead to variations in sex ratio.

To simplify this, it means that:

Within 2 days of Ovulation - higher chances of getting a boy, because the boy sperms swims faster and gets tired faster. So if the egg is closer to the womb, it can reach first (YEAY!!! This one is a sprinter!!!)

On the other hand, if it is two days after ovulation, there is a higher chance of getting a girl, becuase the girl sperm takes her time and has better stamina, and after the boy sperm kaputs, the girl sperm takes over the race to the egg and WINS!!! (YEAY!!! Long distance runner lah this one!!!)

So, if you want to try to have a BOY or a GIRL, than first of all, make sure you are MARRIED!!! After that, Go Ahead saja lah!!! Have FUN!!!!


This is a picture of my little girl when she was first born...so pink and cute leh :P...haha...again, a very bias observation :P

3 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATES on ur jogothon.... On an injured ankle somemore.... Well done....

It was a good read on baby's sex... I won't know, till get results ;)

Arth Akal said...

so are you and mon planning to get a boy this time? ahahahahahah...

i cannot imagine having a niece and a nephew running wildly in the house. that would be so totally chaotic!!

though, the more the merrier :D

Jacqie said...

arth: NO! Hahaha...not yet...if i have a boy and a girl running arund the house, I will be in chaos!!! :P

Ruben: Hahaha...it might work!!!