Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Why do we bother having KIDS?

Since my little Seraphina has turn into a Little Monster, I tend to ask myself, why do people bother having kids??? Let me list down a few things I have to go through just by having one kid, i repeat ONE KID!!!

First of all, its the amount of pain you have to go through just to get them into this world!!! And that's just the beginning!!!

  1. Then, when they are first born, you hardly have time to sleep, if you are lucky, your baby might sleep for 4 hours, wake up for one hour and repeat the routine. Unfortunately for me, my baby had a bad cough in her first month (poor little girl, partly I'm too blame cause i had the bad cough first), so anyway, due to that, she wakes up every hour to cough, and mind you, it was quite on the dot...so can you imagine my sleeping pattern??? I looked horrible!!! and I was irritable and all emotional!!! Not a very nice scene.
  2. Then you have to change and wash them when they "do their business", and that SMELL!!!! That Smell beats all kinds of smell....hooyoooh!!!
  3. Since there are so many kidnapping cases this time, you can hardly even let your child out of sight, and you know how tiring that is, especially when they walk so fast. This means that, shopping is out of the question!!!
  4. Next, We need to train them!!! That's the worst!!! I know some parents wake up every few hours to potty train their children. But me? Apu!!! I'm the last person on earth who wants to wake up in the middle of the night to ask my daughter to go to the toilet! Anyway, I've tried telling my daughter to use her potty many times but all she does is sit on it and smile and says 'ok!', and I know when she says 'ok!' that means that she's tired of sitting on the potty. There has yet to be a time when she actually peed in it. There was one time when we just got out of the shower and she was not wearing her pampers, and she really needed to go, she kept telling me "Bau! Bau!" and I said quick come here and use the potty...but she didn't want to, so both of us were in panic mode...she not being able to hold it in any longer and me, trying to get her to sit on the potty!!! At the end, she stood there and pee came rolling down her legs onto the bedroom floor. Than she started crying and saying "Bak! Bak!" meaning "Wet! Wet!" in Kelabit...and I said NOOOOOO!!!! and she manage to stop it for awhile...hahaha...don't ask me how, but anyway, the commotion continued, she tend asked me to fill her small bath tub so she could sit in it, but I didn't know why she wanted to sit in it, but being the obliging mother, i fill the bathtub with water and she quickly sat in it, and guess what she did!!!! She continued PEE-ING!!! So there goes her bath, and I had to bath her again!!! All the commotion just to get her to PEE.....
  5. Than you have to Discipline them and teach them that NO is actual word...and when you say NO it means NO. However, NO isn't in her vocabulary...when you say NO....she cries and screams and becomes very demanding. Sometimes it can really get out of hand. One time we went to Dinner at this Aunty's house...and she was very much enjoying herself but it was getting late and we wanted to go home but she didn't want to, so it was quite dramatic. We manage to pull her out of the house and get her into the car but she wanted to escape. She cried so hard all the way home and when we brought her into the room, she ran out of the room and open the front door and wanted to run out, as if lah she can run all the way to the aunty's house. It was really bad!!! I've never seen such a thing from her before and mind you she's only 2 YEARS OLD!!! 2 years old and she wants to run away from home already, can't imagine what it will be like when she becomes a teenager!!! Not looking forward to that at the moment!!! And praying very hard that she turns out to be a good behaved child..haha...I bet all mothers hope the same!
  6. The "NO" in disciplining also applies to going shopping, when she doesn't get what she wants, I literally have to drag her out of the supermarket while she does her "Kicking and Screaming". Its very exciting when that happens cause you than become the center of attention! So memalukan you know!!!!....sometimes I wish I could wear a permanent hood so I can cover my head when she does that.

So why do we have kids??? I ask myself this over and over again all the time...than it all becomes clear to me when I see my daughter in this so adorable state (picture below) ...and than I think to myself that it's all worth it and I wouldn't want to change it for the world. Of course at that point of time you kinda have amnesia and forget all the horror you have been through :).

No comments: