Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weekend Sports Craze in KK - PART1

Today I shall tell you about the Sukan Muhibah that I went for in KK over the weekend. It is the most exhausting weekend I've ever had in my entire life. SERIOUSLY!!! And I shall start with PART 1!!! Why you may ask? Cause the story is way too long and you might very likely fall asleep on your keyboard if I complete the whole story in one blog. Secondly, I ALSO DON'T WANT TO LOSE, cause so many people have Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3 and so forth!!! Hahaha....I know they have had a much more interesting life than I have...:P. But I don't care!!! I'm going to use Part 1 and Part 2 even though my story not so interesting...haha...yes, I'm pretty weird that way..I admit! :D So here we go!!! Be prepared to here my pathetic Part 1 story!!! TA-DA!!!

It all started last Friday (22/08/08). Went to work as usual, had something due on that day and was worried sick that I couldn't complete it on time. Manage to finally complete it at around 5.45pm. Reach home at 6pm. Flight was at 8.15pm. Good thing me and my friends did the online check-in so we didn't have to rush to the airport. Manage to shower really really fast and started packing my stuff for the trip! Yes, I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to things like this. Why ah? I also don't know. So after packing, was pretty satisfied cause all I needed to bring was my backpack...well, I'm usually a very light traveller...if you don't believe me, ask the people who have travelled with me. Now, I did almost forget my beloved 'smelly pillow'...sigh...if I did I would probably have trouble sleeping in the hotel.

I mean seriously, how can people live without a smelly pillow. Its my only link to home and it smells like home, therefore making it easier to sleep!!! And NO it's not smelly...I call it a smelly pillow cause that is what everyone calls it....but seriously, it isn't!!! BUT I think at the end of this year it's time for a change and that means I would have to get a new smelly pillow. Reason being, this particular smelly pillow that I have now, its literally disappearing into thin air...*sniff**sniff*...I think I gave it too much love and now it pretty much looks like a piece of cloth rather than a pillow. Oh well, a new year with a new smelly pillow!!! I'm still thinking on how I should dispose of it :(. Any idea people? Please don't tell me to throw it away in the rubish bin...cause that would be heartless...yes, yes, I know it's not alive...but STILL!!! Burn it??? Not environmentally friendly...maybe just keep it in the cupboard somewhere till it really disappears into this air...if that is possible....yes, i think I'll just do that. As for getting a new pillow, I think I would get one of those pillows from Aussino which are really really soft...like the one my FIL bought for my daughter....so soft I tell you!!! Ok...that's what I'll get.....I'll go check it out tomorrow...

Ok, ok, back to my trip to KK. Now where was I, oh yah...so after I put my smelly pillow inside my bag, I waited for my friend to pick me up. She got to my house at around 7.15pm and we were off to the airport. Reach the airport at around 7.30pm and I had a sandwich because I was sooooooo hungry. At 7.45pm we proceeded to the boarding area to wait for our flight. Good thing our flight was on schedule. The flight was pretty bumpy cause the weather wasn't all that fantastic and we were using a fokker...I didn't know this but if you use MAS wings you obviously would get a Fokker (a bit smelly, probably because of the confine space) if you are travelling to KK, therefore, it would actually be better if you use Airasia cause than you would be using a Boeing flight!!! Yeah, yeah, you all must be wondering where have I been all this while and why I so SAKAI wan....hahaha...honestly, I also don't know why I don't know this kind of things...hahaha...sadlah my life. But no biggie...better I know now than I don't know at all. Thank goodness when I go to KK in a few weeks time I will be using Airasia...meaning that I would be using a Boeing!!! YEAY!!!

Anyway, while on the flight I had a bad headache...I think that was caused by looking at numbers on the computer at work. Requested for Panadol on the plan and to our surprise, they didn't have any!!! I mean seriously, how can you not have panadol on the plane??? Thank goodness one of my friends had so I swallowed two down and was feeling much better after awhile. We manage to play cards as well (all in all, there were 4 of us), at least that helped pass the time, though the flight was a short one. We reach KK at around 8.50pm....it was a pretty quick flight. Caught a taxi to our hotel and checked in. Stayed at Le Meridien....a very nice hotel I must say. Of course for the price we were paying...that's what we would expect :D. There were four of us, so we got two rooms that had a connecting door. So we left that connecting door open throughout our stay. We had to order room service cause the restaurant was close by the time we all settled down. I had lamb chop and the rest of my friends had salmon. The lamb chop was 'oh-so-YUMMY!!!' but according to the rest of them who ordered the salmon, they said it was pretty tasteless....thank goodness they gave us salt as well...

View from the hotel room....when the sun was setting...this was taken by Maria in her room, one of our team mates. Beautiful isn't it!

After dinner or more like supper, we had a bottle of red wine...yes, yes, pampering ourselves...we don't do that always...and we played cards without money lah. After awhile we were getting tired...so we all decided to go to bed. We all had a goodnight sleep that night....me because I had my ever so faithful smelly pillow...hahaha ;).

Next morning we had to wake up at 5.00am cause we had to be down at the lobby at 6.00am. (Didn't even have time for breakfast cause breakfast only starts at 6.30am) Since two people were sharing a room we had to share toilet. So I took the earlier schedule to wake up cause I take 20 minutes to get ready. My roomie only takes 10 minutes!!! So fast kan!!! I always thought 20 minutes was pretty fast already!!! Anyway, I let her sleep for another 20 minutes. We all manage to get to the lobby at 6am and we than waited for our transportation.

We all than got into our respective cars and headed to one of the sports field in KK....don't ask me where it was cause I was pretty lost myself. We got lost a couple of times on the way there because there were having this motorbike racing competition which was held by Petronas, so a lot of the roads were block. Eventually we found the place. The first thing we did that morning was line up in our respective groups...at that point of time, it felt like I was back in school again and we were having our school sports day and I was in Rumah Merah...hahaha...dahlah we had to sing Negaraku and the Sabah state song and than got Ikrar again some more!!! Hahaha....sigh..that brings back good old memories. After that we had Aerobics!!! I don't know what it is with Aerobics and this kinda games...even during our Shell Games we also had aerobics...talking about the Shell Games....sorry ah...I haven't written about that yet in my blog. Maybe tomorrow...ok?

Anyway, the aerobic instructor was a very interesting man....he sure can dance and he sure can shake his booty!!! Hehehe....very cute lah...kalah we all kena him...I'm positive he can do the Salsa and whatever dance you ask him to dance. He looked that flexible!!! He was very entertaining....:D. I wonder whether anybody did get a picture of him....hmm...I got to ask around....

That's us trying to follow our aerobic instructors....haha...good way to wake us up especially since most of us were still half-asleep.

After the aerobics...we had sandwich for breakfast and than we had to walk to another field to start our first game which was Netball!!! (We even had music as entertainment from the bike racing thingy that was nearby which had not begun, first time lah I play netball with background music...haha...) We were all pretty much prepared to lose big time...hehehe....why you may ask...cause we only had 4 actual netball players....the rest don't usually play but they no the rules lah. Reason why the other netballers couldn't make it was because it was a pretty last minute trip and the flight to KK was fully book. So we had to make do with the people we had.....and mine you despite them not playing very often, they actually did quite well!!! There was even one of our players who never played in her life...but she was a fast learner. Eventually we won!!! I think it was also because the other teams didn't have good players as well...I think they also last minute choose their players...so basically we were only in the same boat :D Sorry no pictures during the netball...I'm surprise nobody took our pictures :(

But here is a picture of us getting our trophy and out medals :P. I was the captain for our team...don't ask me how I became the captain...I think someone just decided by looking at my name and said "Hey, this looks like a nice name, lets put her in as the captain for netball!!!"..haha..that's what I think lah :D

After the netball, me and syl rushed to the Ping Pong place cause we didn't have any girl players...we didn't want to walk over. There were two other ladies from our team that were willing to play even though they had no clue how to play. So sweet of them. But me and syl manage to get there in time and we played Ping Pong too. SEE! seriously multi-tasking...Ping Pong also can play!!! Hahaha...Its been ages since I played that game but it was fun!!! Lose the first game and won the second. We then as a team came in third...not bad lah... :P. No pictures of Ping Pong too...I'm sure someone took picture but I can't remember who. If I do get one, I'll put it in...:D

After that game, we had the prize giving ceremony (picture above) for the morning games and than lunch was serve. After lunch we all headed back to the hotel to shower and prepare for the afternoon game. By that time it was already 12.15pm. Got back to the hotel and we all manage to shower and get ready in time to meet at the lobby at 1.30pm. Then we started our journey to the Mangattal futsal court. I serisouly have no idea why that had such a name for that particular area. But it was an interesting name nevertheless...and some people had a go at making fun of the name as a source of entertainment....haha...you know lah people...cannot see weird names one...sure they make fun of it...:P

So off we went to the futsal court which was pretty far away...reach there a bit late but they all waited for us :D...so kind...the game started and I was suppose to play also...but I've never played it in my entire life so I decided to opt out...hopeless kan me? Takut bah...I don't know how to use my legs to handle the ball....if you see the rest of them play, wah....so professional..I also takut. Dahlah so ganas they play. Anyway, we got second for that!!! Not bad LADIES!!! Not sure what number the guys got...

Hmmm...I think this blog is getting too long....so I'll continue my next blog tomorrow on what did we do that evening after the futsal and what happen on the second day. For now, let me entertain you with some pictures of the first day...

That's the futsal team after the game....excluding me lah...notice that I'm using a different colour. reason being..they gave me the red shirt that was size "L"...I looked like a child in PJ's!!!

That's the futsal team in the futsal court. Me aksen only stand there lah. I don't like feeling left out :P

And that's it for PART1...till tomorrow!!! TA!!!

No comments: