Wednesday, August 27, 2008

27th August 2008 - 8 years since he ask me to be his GF!

Yesterday was me and my hubby's 8 years of being together!!! What did we do yesterday??? Nothing...hahaha...I haven't recovered from my weekend trip to KK so I slept early and so did he!!! Any action in bed...NONE!!! Why you may ask??? Tired lah!!! Hahaha...seriously...I had a pretty bad flu yesterday so wasn't up to any kind of action whatsoever...Yes! I was BORING yesterday!!! I admit!!! :D He was also tired...apparently when I was in KK he had his cousins come over and they were playing card till around 4am in the morning...so yes, he was also recovering!!! Oh well, there goes our 8 years of being together!!! But it's ok...cause wedding anniversary's have become the major event since we got married (4 years already!!! time sure flies!!!...hmmm...maybe time to have a second child, hmmm...something to seriously ponder, but to ponder a bit more times before I make the decision...hahaha....part of me says "I'm not ready yet", another part of me says "What the hell are you waiting for WOMAN!!! You're not getting any younger!!!" I have yet to listen to that part, still hanging on to the first part which says "I'm not ready yet....haha...ok, enough about me having a child...back to my blog :P)

Anyway, want to know how we ended up together??? Hehehe....let me tell you the story....

Year 1999 - during my Uni break Summer Holidays (Dec - Feb)

Found out that Solomon was interested in me. Said to myself "I'll never be with this guy!". Obviously I chose the wrong words to use, as people always say "Never say never!". I was soooo not interested in him....he was soooo not my kind!!! Went back to Uni in the middle of Feb, last Semester!!!

Year 2000 - July - August

Came back to Miri for good in July! Uni life over (so sad :( it was the best years of my life!!!). Joined a company called FDC I think (in August)....can't really recall its name. The boss of that company brought some of us to Kuching for the Australian Alumni gathering...I also don't know why....so strange...but it was a free holiday, so I go lah! :D. Before going, sister told me that Solomon is in Kuching and ask me whether I wanted to contact him. I obviously said "NO".

1st Day in Kuching - 25th August 2000 (Fri)

Went for the Alumni thingy during the day. Had a welcoming dinner as well. After that, wanted to check out Tribes as I was staying in Holiday Inn and had a free voucher for a drink. Went to Tribes and thought the music was really good. While enjoying the music, I checked out the people around. Notice a guy wearing Light Blue Hawaiian Baju. Thought it was really weird cause it was such an outstanding colour!!! After the drink decided to use the back way to get to the hotel. On the way to the back door (which I actually got lost and arrived at the toilet instead) I heard someone call out "Jack!" "Jack!". I didn't turn at all cause I thought to myself 'who in Kuching would know me? I think it's someone else that person is calling'. But the "Jack!" kept on going and I finally decided to turn to see who was that, cause so kesian him, call and call but the person called Jack never reply him. To my surprise it was the one and only SOLOMON!!! Hahaha...poor guy! Anyway, he gave me a hug, which to my surprise, I hugged him back! My justification to that is because lama no see him bah! And he is after all a friend :P. We exchange numbers, which he took down and I didn't (I didn't cause I always believe that guys should make the first move! true???) and agreed to meet the following day and after that I had coffee with my colleagues and my boss. End of day 1.

2nd Day in Kuching - 26th August 2000 (Sat)

The whole day was spent at the Alumni thingy and that night we had dinner at the waterfront. Dinner was nice and got to meet a lot of new faces which I can't remember at all as of today...haha...way too many people! Solomon did give me a call and I told him I'll meet him at tribes that night. After the dinner, I went back to change and met him at tribes. That night sparks kinda flew....we hit it off straight away and I actually began to like him. He was so super nice!!! But than again who isn't, especially if they really do like you and want you to be their GF...right? Of course lah super nice!!! :P We both basically dance the night away and before the night was over or more like morning, he ask me to be his GF! Hahaha....so fast kan!!! His reason was that, it was his chance since I was single at that time and before anyone else asks me....:P I think in my early days I was hardly even single....as I remember. So he had a point!!! My answer to him was, I'll let him know tomorrow cause I needed time to think. Didn't want to say anything stupid when I had alcohol in my system :P. He walked me back to my room...and, 'NO', nothing happen that night....:D. But obviously I had a thing for him already.

3rd day in Kuching - Day to fly back to Miri - 27th August 2000 (Sun)

I didn't meet up with him at all during that day cause he was working and I didn't have the time. He called me though and talked to me on the phone. Got on the plane and was home in Miri. He called me again that night and I than finally said "OK, lets give it ago!" (So fast also I give him an answer kan!) And that's what happen!!! Morale of the story "Never say Never!!!" SERIOULY!!!

And that was 8 years ago...and now we are married and have little Seraphina. Its not all butterflies and candies in our relationship, we have had all the ups and downs anyone could ask for....lots and lots of downs but we've pulled through! Lots of "Sorry's" have been used over the years and lots of forgiveness as well. And I'm sure there will be many more ups and downs in the coming years....but for one thing we are sure of, is that we love each other. And with God's help, we will be able to live happily ever after!!! :D

That's it from me!!! TA!!!

*************************************************************************************

Oh yah! and since I was Tagged by Balkizz...I have to add in this part to my blog for today :P. I ask for it didn't I balkizz...haha:P

I am a proud Malaysian blogger:

1. Cause we are a pretty peaceful nation...

2. Cause our star on our flag has 14 edges!!! I mean seriously, what other country has a star with 14 edges!!!

3. Cause...ummm...ummm... Great! I'm running out of ideas and I'm only at number 3!!! Hmmm...AHA! Cause we can speak Malay, English and Chinese all combine together and still understand each other!!! Eg. WaLau eh (not sure whether I spelt that right), why you like that ah! So kesian her bah!!!! (This is just an example lah....please note that "Bah" is only use in East Malaysia :D

4. Cause we have durians and they are smelly and we still eat them!!!

5. Cause, ummmm.....cause....ummm....cause, I just like being a Malaysian??? :P

6. Cause Malaysian's are pretty friendly people!!! Not sure about West Malaysia lah but the East Malaysian's sure are friendly! Unless of course if you mess with the wrong people lah...than of course you are asking for it....

7. Cause, even though we are a Muslim country, they still serve alcohol!!! YAHOO!!! *phew*

8. Cause I'm proud to be a Sarawakian...I mean seriously I'm super proud, despite the fact that people still think we live on trees!!! :P I hope that makes sense.

9. Cause ...aiyah...too many already.....hahaha....cause I'm am proud lah! Need to give so many reason meh???

10. Cause its number 10 and as much as I love Malaysia i have no idea what else to write!!! Hahaha...thanks for reading!!!

That's it!!! TA!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owwwwhhh I think i remember the first few bits. HAhahaha.... We met up as well right? I was still in college that time. HAHAHAHA.... glad to know your story jacq.

Wait till you hear mine. hmmmm.....

Jacqie said...

YAH!!! It was one of those days...hahaha...the crazy days I may so :P

Jacqie said...

oh yah...and tell me yours....quick!!! :D

Unknown said...

Wow.... u remember the date... We dont even know the date :D We just remember it's somewhere in Oct.... anyhow, we're married now, so that's the date that counts ;D

Arth Akal said...

8 years.... we were still in our early 20s then. hahahaha!
sooo youngggg.....

now we're so olddddddd :P

Jacqie said...

Yalah...that time still so young lah Arthur!!! Hahaha...now...kuang kuang kuang...so old already :P

Jacqie said...

Ruben, Yup marriage date definitely counts now :D

jill said...

27th august is my birth date.
Only COOL things happen on the 27th of august

1.i was born
2.u being his gf