Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My KL Trip!!! and SHOES!!!

Hello people!!!

Hehehehe...sorry for always keeping you all waiting. I've been occupied with work and stuff!!! Therefore no time to write in this blog of mine :P. I'm actually supposedly suppose to be super stress out just about now but since being stress just wouldn't help me in getting the data that I need any quicker, I'm going to relax a bit and write in my blog :D.

So, here I am!!! Miss me??? Probably it doesn't really make a difference whether I write or not. Anyway, my topic today is "My KL Trip!!!".

As you all know, I went to KL two weeks ago. Really didn't do much but shop, shop and shop!!! Had my fill of Nandos and bought quite a number of working clothes!!! So now my wardrobe has better clothes than I had previously. I do however have to see what clothes I need and throw out what clothes I don't need cause my closest seems to be overflowing with clothes that I don't seem to wear most of the time!!! I think its because I like to keep old clothes, I always don't seem to have the heart to throw my old clothes away and that's the reason why I have closest dating back to 1998 or maybe even 1995!!! When I was like 16 years old!!! I know I have this one skirt in my closest that is a 1995 skirt!!! Hmmm....maybe I should wear it tomorrow!!! hahaha...obviously since then till now I haven't even grown!!! :P

Me and my hubby had to buy a new closest cause I had way too many old clothes...here I keep my working clothes only and my hubby keeps his t-shirts that he wears frequently. So this is what we call the "FREQUENT CLOTHES CLOSEST". It's a pretty big closest, we can even put our shoes in it too!!! And after we had it installed...our room look way much smaller....I think it took half of our room up!!! Hubby and daughter plays hide and seek in it!!! Or they try to frighten each other by jumping out of the Closest!!! Interesting game....but something I don't see myself doing....hahaha....maybe I should be more fun eh??? I'll frighten everyone tonight by being in it and jumping out of it!!! Hahahah.....*evil grin*.

This is my daughters new closest too!!! This has nothing to do with this blog, but what the heck! Since I introduced you all to my new closest, I might as well introduce to you all, my daughter's new closest!!! This comes with a bed set. Her clothes are very pink cause sometimes people thinks my daughter is a boy...because she didn't have enough hair, nowadays not too bad already lah...hehe....most of the clothes in there is given to me by a friend who has big kids already and she has no intentions of having anymore... :). So nice of them!!! :D Kids grow out of clothes to fast anyway, so no point in buying so many clothes :P So bad hoh me!

Anyway, back to me being in KL, I manage to go to Mid-Valley, One Utama, Sungei Wang, IKEA, Curve and yeah...that's about it!!! Me and Christine (a good friend of mine who I stayed with and was on leave for 3 days when I was there. She was the one who drove me around, so sweet kan!!!) walked and walked and walked and tried hundreds of baju's...well actually its more like me who tried hundreds of bajus!!! We stopped at every single clothes and shoe shop that we came upon!!! It was like heaven!!! hahaha...only problem is that I had to pay for the items that I wanted to buy...hahaha....how nice if it was free!!! ALL FREE!!!...well, life just isn't like that!!! And how I wish that had a buggy for adults so we could drive around the mall in it so our legs/ankle wouldn't hurt!!! Wouldn't that be WONDERFUL??? But than again that would have probably make us OBESE.....you think? I think so!!! So, I guess walking was good...cause I didn't even gain weight when I was there. Only problem with KL is that I felt that my skin was very dry, unlike when I'm in Miri...so strange. Maybe Miri is more humid eh???

As for my hubby and Arthur (cuz-in-law), they stayed at home most of the time because they had tattoo appointments throughout the week...so kesian them. But than again, if there were to tag along shopping, I would have been pressured to shop faster and I might not have bought as much as I did....so good thing that they stayed home...hehe...yes! i'm being selfish here!!!

Didn't manage to buy a camera like I said I would cause I spend most of my money on clothes and shoes....which I happen to think is more important than getting a camera :P. Went to IKEA like I said I would and bought those Popsicle makers for my daughter!!! I've been looking all over for it so was really happy to have found it there!!! As soon as I got back to Miri and made Ribena Popsicles for my daughter....all in all you can make 6, I think my daughter had 2 and my hubby had 4. I'm beginning to think that I bought the Popsicle maker not for my daughter but for my hubby instead. A few days ago they were arguing over eating the Popsicle....both also don't want to share with each other....hahaha...all the time I thought I have one kid, apparently I have TWO!!! So, since my hubby finished most of them all the time, he now is the Popsicle maker in our house...haha...one less job for me to do!!!

Anyway, back to IKEA....I also wanted to buy a lamp which was super cheap - RM35 but it was a bit heavy and I didn't need such heavy extra baggage cause than I would have to spend on paying for the cargo which i didn't want to, cause that would be like Rm15 per KG after the 15KG mark!!! And did you know that now they charge RM10 to put your baggage into the cargo area??? It use to be RM5 and after the 6th August 2008, they increase it by 100%. Very strange! Now if you book online and chose to have one baggage to be put in the cargo area, that will cost you RM5. It feels like the fuel price increase all over again!!!....so sad :(. But the flight was cheap and I can't complain so much for the cheap flight I guess.

Anyway, when I was in IKEA, I wanted to get the IKEA energy saving bulbs (2 in one box) but I got a shock of my life when I saw the price!!! It was RM100++ !!! That is like triple the lamp!!! But than again, I heard it can last really long!!! At the end of it all, I didn't get the lamp at all....haha...decided it was hard to carry back as I intended to shop more for clothes and shoes...hehehe...

I didn't manage to go Seraphina cause it was in a different area to Curve. I only realised that after I called my friend and she said it was on the other side.....can't recall the name of the place. If I'm not mistaken, it is connected to curve. By the time I realise that, it was already getting late and my legs said to my brain "NO! We are not going there!!!" So, oklah...I listen only lah...I better...haha...cause my ankle was hurting and we had to walk quite a distance back to the car. I guess the shop Seraphina just has to wait!!!

I did manage to go for happy hours too! We went to EckyWoobee at TTDI to have dinner and drink! Nice place....and the beer wasn't really that expensive. It was 5 bottles for RM35. Not bad at all. Of course Miri beer is cheaper lah but for KL...that was pretty cheap! :D. I also manage to catch up with some of my Uni friends....and they all still look the same!!! I mean WE ALL still look the same....hahaha...I'm also still young mah! No one brought a camera, so no pictures...so sad again. Oh well, maybe next year I'll meet up with them again. Heard that they will meeting up in November again, and this time with some of them from Penang and Singapore....nice kan??? So lucky they all stay on that side of Malaysia. Me on this side so susah want to fly there all the time. Ok, ok, enough self pity....life in Miri is good also... :)

Manage to meet up with two old church friends from Miri who are working in KL now. They are doing wonderful for themselves....everybody seems to be coping with life pretty well.

To conclude, I do really like KL a lot, I like the eating places at Curve and TTDI and Pavilion....it reminds me so much of being in a foreign country, like when I was in Australia during my Uni years. However, at the end of it all, there is nothing better than to be home in Miri. Cost of living here is so much more affordable than being in KL. I'm seriously glad to be a Mirian :D. Wouldn't trade living places for the world. And to end it all....here are the shoes that I bought!!!!TA-DA!!!


Yes!!! I have strange taste in shoes!!! I also don't know why...hahaha...but I love the shoes on the left, they are what we call clogs!!! I use to have 3 pairs of them till one by one my dogs got to them, so by hook or by crook, I had to get another pair. This particular pair of clogs however is the most expensive one that I have bought in my entire life!!! The brand is Papilio and it cost me RM256!!! I have worn it once only so far since I got back...haha...so scared it will get dirty or get wet!!! The sales person told me that, if it does get wet, I'm not suppose to put it under the sun, I'm just suppose to put it under a fan so it doesn't get spoil! So I decided to just wear it less so it has less chances of getting wet!!! Well, if it does rain and I happen to be wearing it, I might most probably put the bag in my shoe and go barefooted....haha...yes, I will very likely do that :P

As for the brown pair of shoes that is on the right, those are Puma shoes!!! My darling hubby loves Puma, so me trying to be a supportive wife goes "What the hell! I'll go for Puma too!!!" So, TA-DA!!! My beautiful brown Puma shoes!!! Finally a pair of Puma shoes that I can be proud off!!! Isn't it just beautiful!!! And its just slip in with no shoe laces or zip!!! Makes my life so easy!!! :D. It was also on sale!!! Actual Price was something like RM263 and it was on sale for RM79 ONLY!!! I almost didn't buy it but my friend persuaded me to!!! If NOT, sure I regret one!!! Thank God I brought her shopping with me...*phew* :D.

See how much my hubby loves Puma shoes...the one at the furthest right is mine, bought it as a "COUPLE SHOE" during our honeymoon in 2004 in Singapore. Hubby had the same one (obviously, since I mentioned that its a COUPLE SHOE) but he used it till it was so worn out that he couldn't use it anymore. As for my pair....hmmm...I just didn't like the cutting of the shoe, not sure why I bought it in the first place....haha...I think I have worn it only twice...so kesian kan the shoes??? Now its 4 years old and it still looks brand new :P. I've even worn the new brown one more that the old one...anyway, that's just additional information that probably isn't important to you....hehehe...the rest are my hubby's....I think he is going to collect more eventually...will keep you all updated on his collection, especially if it hits 10 pairs of Puma's...than I also kalah lah in my number of shoes....haha...oh well...that's life :D

I did buy another pair of shoes for work and they are just flats from NOSE. I forgot to take picture of it. I'll put it up tonight! As for the clothes that I bought...hehe...no need to show lah! Shoes more important!!! :D

Hmmmm...I think this topic should have been...Shoes! Shoes! Shoes!....haha....hmmm...I think I'll change the topic now...wait ah....ok...YEAY! Now it's "My KL Trip!!! and SHOES!!!", yes, I'm a very fickle minded person :P Oklah, that's it from me for now!!! TA!!!

4 comments:

Balqiz said...

"sometimes people thinks my daughter is a boy...because she didn't have enough hair"

HAHAHAHAHA juz like me when I was a kid! But fear not! She shall grow up to have more hair than she can handle! hahaha well that's what people used to tell me mom but I grew up with normal amount of hair so hmmm... points to ponder...

Unknown said...

Ur hubby interested in a pair of red puma/ferrari racing boots? :D

Jacqie said...

Balqiz, I know! that's what everyone keeps telling me too....hahaha....if she is anything like my sister (my sister had not much hair as well when she was young) she would definitely have a lot of hair :D. The strange thing is that even if she wears pink, people still think she's a boy!!! But now ok already lah...:)

Jacqie said...

Ruben, hey you! sorry I haven't replied your email, will reply you today. About the shoes, my hubby not into boots, so I guess the answer to your question is no...sorry dear and thanks for asking...always so sweet of you!!! :D