Tuesday, July 7, 2009

NETBALL CRAZE HERE I COME!!! WOOHOO!!!

I think this was taken last year when I still had my long hair. Can't even recall when was the last time I had long hair. Due to my genetic background, I'm a very short person (this would definitely be an understatement if I was born in the Western world, if I was born there, I would be considered very very the short lah!!! BOOHOOO!!!) the only position I can play would be Center and WA...boohoo again!!! But nevertheless, I love being in the Center position or being WA, it fits me pretty well I must say :D

I just found out today that we are going to have 3 netball tournaments for 3 weekends in a row!!! WOOHOO!!! It's like a netball craze!!! hahaha....sure by the end of the last game our team will all kaput and super FIT and probably not want to play netball for a couple of months....:P TIRING BAH!!! I think for those of you who are not from Miri or never have been here before, would probably say "Wah! this people in Miri sure got nothing else better to do" :P but I could be wrong :P

The tournament dates goes something like this:


KRP Pre-Merdeka Netball Tournament

18th - 19th July 2009

KSK Tournament

26th - 27th July 2009

Nameless Tournament (we just got the invite, so no name yet :))

01st - 02nd August 2009

And its usually two full days!!! That is if we are good lah :P From my point of view, I think we are quite ok eh. I mean from the very first time we were together until now, we have improve a lot!!! You should have seen us the first time!!! Half the time we were laughing in the game, cause half the time we were losing the ball and the ball keeps rolling away from us!!! At that point of time I was beginning to think that the ball had a mind of its own!!! :P. But now, we have much better control of the ball :)

Anyway, the worst part to this is that for the KSK tournament, I have my 10km run at 6am on the 2nd day of the game!!! AIYOYOYOYO!!! I'm just hoping I'll be able to build up enough energy and stamina to be able to keep up with both the 10km and the tournament. Well its probably not as bad as it seems since we have back-up players as well....so I could probably skip the first game of that morning :D. Plus, did I mention my sister is doing the 10km run as well??? I think I did in one of my email. I really can't wait for the run. It would be nice to run with my sister after so long....won't be surprise if I get left behind :P.

Oklah...that's it from me....Ta for now!!! NETBALL CRAZE HERE I COME!!! WOOHOO!!!

This was during the Highlanders Games Carnival this year (June)....look at all the pretty girls ;)

P/S. You probably have no idea how much I love this game. My life priority goes something like this, GOD first, FAMILY second & NETBALL!!! ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK! Why the 2nd pic cant click to open a bigger pic? Too small, cant see.... :S

felicakes said...

Jacq, being short does not mean that you can't play any other position.

I play netball every week in a league and play GK, sometimes I have to defend against girls that are shorter and smaller than you and THEY CAN SHOOT PRETTY WELL. hahahahah dont underestimate yourself. It's all about the skills.

Jacqie said...

Feli: Hahaha...then I don't have the shooting skills...:P ;) Btw, when you coming back here???

Ruben: I dunno why lah and thanks for the Luck!