Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm in DENIAL!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

AHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I'm in DENIAL!!!!!

Sighhhh.....I like to think I'm not competitive when it comes to running or jogging or whatever you call it. I like to think that the runs I join are just for fun and for the name of charity. But I also like to think that I'm one of the fittest ladies in Miri which therefore overrides the first two sentences that I've written.

Do you get what I mean??? Am I making sense??? Well, what I'm trying to say is that, even though I like to think I'm not competitive, I AM!!! When it comes to the amount of stamina I have, I seriously don't like to lose.....unfortunately...physically, me and my stamina don't really go hand in hand. Sigh....so what next??? Well, I'm going to convince myself that this Sunday's Run for Charity will be a run that I will be running for fun!!! I'll just have to repeat this to myself....

"Jacq! You are running for the sake of charity, run at your own pace!!! If you don't win it's ok!!! SERIOUSLY ITS OK!!!!"

Probably need to repeat it like a 10,000 times for it to sink in....sigh...but then again I'll be in denial pulak!!!

Hahahaha....oh well nothing is perfect...never really was the fastest runner around and I'm sure I'll have loads of competitors who would be aiming for the money too. AND I'm POSITIVE this people are in denial just as I am....hahahaha....they are probably saying, 'It's no big deal if I lose..." but when they actually lose, they'll probably be upset and would probably be wondering why in the hell did they wake up so early in the morning for a run and get nothing out of it.....hahaha....that would be exactly how I would be feeling if I didn't win anything at all....:P Well, I am being honest :P

I was talking to my sister yesterday about the run and she said 'If it's God's will that we win, then we will, if not we just run for fun lah..." If that's the case, maybe I should start praying more and jogging less....hahaha...:P Well, I think my sister is in denial as well....knowing her she is way more competitive than me...hoh Jess??? ;) You always were!!! Just like DAD! So you can stop being in denial already...hahaha :P

So the conclusion is that, I'll just keep my pace and not stop running and hope for the best. I hope it won't be so hot and I hope my MP3 player does not die on me. But honestly speaking I'm not hoping to win the first place....I just want to win something....hahaha...8th placing pun jadi...at least got RM100...I think...haha...better than nothing kan???

Oklah....being upset now doesn't really help anyway, since its still like 4 days away...hahaha....don't even know why I'm stressing about it now....I have to blame it on some of my colleagues who are running too.....they sure are competitive and super fit and have so much stamina....adalah I jealous juga.......and though they say or think that they are running for the fun of it, I'm sure they are in it to win too :P

I wish I could be one of those ladies who seriously just do it for fun...where they jog and walk and chit chat with their friend all the way to the finish line...so nice kan??? :P

Well, that's life!!! And that's it from me.....TA for now!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK! Competitive or not..... WIN IT or not.... ;D