Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Marriage, Love? Hate??...Hmmm...Why Do We Get Married Again???

Why do people get married again???

One moment you love your other half and the next moment you hate your other half...and than out of nowhere he does something nice and you fall in love all over again....

On the 13th of November I went hunting for a nice card for my hubby, and the only place to get that in Miri would be at 'Moments' which is part of 'Toysworld'. There were so many cards but none of them suited what I wanted. There were cards that said:

1) I love you more and more each year

2) You're my best friend

3) You understand me so well

4) We have a love that will last forever

But seriously, at that point of time I couldn't even get myself to get a card with those words on it. I do love him but I don't think its more and more each year. Its more like the opposite...less and less.

He's my hubby and therefore pretty much impossible to be my best friend cause every time we talk about something serious, he has his own opinion and I have mine and we start arguing. Best friends always back each other up...don't you think? I know my best friend would :)

I know he doesn't understand me so well....if he did we wouldn't be getting on each others nerves right?

As for having a love that will last forever...hell "no!!!"...we don't have a love that will last forever...we work extremely hard at staying together with lots and lots of 'sorrys' and we try very hard to keep the love alive. Don't you think?

I guess they are some couples who are superly happy being together and I do envy them...but I think most of us out there feels the same way like I do, one time or another....

So you can guess how hard it was for me to get a card for the hubby....I looked and looked and looked and I even went to the sales lady and ask her "Is that all the cards you have???" and she gave me a puzzled look and said "yes". So obviously I went back to the V-Day card section to find something that was less lovey-dovey as the above.

By some luck I found a card that says something like this (its not the exact words but you get the idea), on the front cover is says, "I got this card cause it reminds me of you", than you have to open the card from the left and not from the normal right, than you actually have to turn the card upside down to read it, and it says inside "see! it even has a mind of its own, just like you", then it also says "Happy Valentines Day". It was a cute card with a dog in the front. When i found that card, I was so happy...at least I could give him a card that would be honest. I did also write "Despite all that we have gone through, I still love you" inside the card to complete the card.

Well, after buying that card, it just made me realise even more how I feel towards my husband. I love him but it seems to be slowly fading away. We seem to be living two lives separately, he in his world and me in mine, and once in awhile we do sit together to talk, like for 5 minutes and that's it. Its only been 5 years and the marriage seems to be fading into thin air. Its really sad when I think about it. We seem to be taking each other for granted...big time!!!

Anyway, last night we had a short talk with each other and we both admit that our marriage doesn't seem to be turning out the way we expected it to, when we first got married. I guess most people wouldn't...haha..if we knew, we probably wouldn't be married and most people probably won't be too. Of course 3% would probably be married cause they are superly happily married!!! I know a few!!! Lucky them!!! :P

After last night, we both decided to put more effort into our marriage and into loving each other again. We do still love each other after all and we both believe that its worth fighting for and that going our separates ways is never an option. Don't get me wrong, I do at times think of leaving him but the better side of me gets the better of me and I come to my senses. I did after all say in my wedding vows "to love him, for better or for worst". Its so damn hard, but I've got to try and he has to too. So now we are both back to basics and giving each other kisses and hugs before I go to work and when I come back. Wish us all the best!!! I know we can do it and we've got to stick to what God says "What God has united, Man must not divide!"

That's it from me...TA for now!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

After reading your entry. It just bring the question why thing doesnt turn what to be what we want or expected.

For the better or worst, we have to admit this is life and these are the challenge we have to overcome together with our love one. It is inevitable after all.

Remember the marriage vow both of you declare, remember the love that both of you once had.

People divorce because they give up easily and they do not change for each other sake.

For a holiday moon together and at the end of the trip. Have a sharing session with him how you wish life is.

I will pray and wish a blissful marriage for you . =)

Dont lose hope and never give up!

Best wishes from: Aversence.blogspot.com

Jacqie said...

Thank you! All the prayers needed!!! And May God Bless you for being so kind!!! Thanks for the advice!!!

Annoymous said...

I suppose people don learn.

noamipyusup said...

Hahaha :) so thats why people married!! hehehe...

William said...

I am married more than 5x your years. I think it is normal as you are now in crusing mode. There will be up and down in life. Sometimes you felt very frustrated, sometimes very happy, sometimes when you look at your children you became very happy. Sometimes, you wonder why you marry him. But remember the marriage vow: love her/him, comfort her/him, honor, and keep her/him in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her/him as long as you both shall live.

Perhaps you would each take the Love Language test in my recent blog. I think it is quite good to understand each other more.
Put hope in God. May you both be blessed!