Friday, April 1, 2011

What is the World becoming these Days? Children are Murdered & Children are Raped :( What has become of our Society????

Though I have yet to mention anything about Tifanny Wong's murder case, it was indeed a shocking news for all of us here in Miri. She was only 17 years old. Then there was the murder of a 20 year old girl a few days later, in Miri as well. Then in the news there was the case of a 4 year old who was raped by a kindy owner....I mean seriously....what are these ppl thinking???

It freaks me out as a young mom (as I like to think I am still young...:)) to think about bringing up my daughter in this world or my son (in my tummy) for that matter.

The truth of the matter is that, no matter what you do and how much you try to protect your children, sometimes there is just nothing you can do to keep them safe. If we are over protective, I'll children will probably grow up rebelling against us, but if we give them too much freedom, then they might get influence by the wrong group of friends and then rebel against us as well....so either way, nothing seems right.

So how do we give the right amount of love without being over protective and without giving too much freedom???

That is still a mystery to me. What am I going to do? I'm still clueless...but for one thing I'm sure of at this point of time is to make sure that my children grows up knowing who God is....and I think in some cases I just need to put my faith and trust in the Lord to take care of them. Honestly, I think religion plays a very important role in our children's life. I don't think I need to elaborate further on this....as I'm sure you all would understand where I am coming from.

If everybody was brought up with religion as their foundation, I have a feeling this world would be a much safer and better place to live in.

Don't you think so???

Anyway, to close this blog out, here's a beautiful Christian Prayer I found, which we could use pray in our daily lives for our children. It is titled:

"Protection for My Children"

Father God, I lift up my children before You.
I ask You to watch over them.
Hide them under the shadow of your wings.
Protect them from the evil in this world.
Let no harm come to their spirit, souls, or bodies.

Lord I thank You that Your angels go with and before my children.
Thank You for protecting them and keeping them safe from danger,
disease, and harm of every kind.
Let no evil befall them, let no plague come near them.
I thank You, Lord, that my children are safe in the shelter of Your arms.

Protect my children from injury of any kind.
I pray that they would be sensitive to Your Spirit
and that you would direct their steps.
Give my children courage to say no to friends
and activities that would put them in danger.

I thank You, Lord, that You protect them from spiritual,
mental, physical, and emotional abuse from others.
You protect them from the enemy's evil plans to bring them harm
because Your word says that the evil one touches them not
and that no weapon formed against them shall prosper.

I thank You, Lord that water shall not overtake them
and fire shall not consume them.
Wherever they go and whatever they do, You protect them, Lord.
In Jesus' name I proclaim it.

Amen.

2 comments:

Jz said...

"So how do we give the right amount of love without being over protective and without giving too much freedom???"

It depends on the kids attitudes I reckon. Different child has different needs.

Jacqie said...

True! I agree....so we really need to go with the flow...:D. And have faith that God will take care of them :)