Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Finally something about the 10km Dynasty Charity Run!!!

Ok...it's about time I write something about the Dynasty 10km Charity Run which was held like 2 weeks ago :P. I totally blame it on my sister for not giving me the pics...and mind you, she has yet to give it to me....but I still love you Jess :P

Despite my sisters lateness I do still have some pictures here which is mostly from Farah's Camera. Thanks babe!!! The first few are from my camera which apparently did not have enough memory space to take more pictures!!! That is my major downfall....I always forget that cameras are important....I always take camera's for granted and due to that I don't even bother to check whether it has any memory left the day before the run!!! I think I was more worried in completing the race within the one hour mark...hahaha....sad or not???

Anyway, here are the pictures and the story of that day follows each picture. Have fun reading!!!



That's me and my sister walking out of the Dynasty Hotel after a quick pee (which is literally caused by nervousness!!!). In here I'm probably still wondering to myself, "Whylah I go and join this Run, mata pun belum buka lagi!" That's how I felt when I had to wake up 5am.....I felt miserable!!! Plus the fact that my daughter wasn't really helping cause she was so excited that my sister was around and had such a hard time falling asleep. We all finally got to bed at 11.30pm the day before...so not enough sleep!



Honestly, I have no idea how I agreed to taking this picture!!! I bet you my brain hasn't even start-up yet :P Then again, its probably being around my sister that makes me do silly things!!! We always did have great fun with each other. She's a bit the gila-gila one :P But Gila in a good way lah...she always makes life a bit more interesting!!! ;)



That's where we start and where we end....still very early....am surprise there are cars on the road already.....



Ahhhh (said it a nice soft sweet tone).....me and my colleagues!!! Jannie, Farah and Me!!!



Me and my sis again. Guess which is me??? The smaller one lah!!! :P There had aerobics before the run to warm up our muscles....but somehow I don't seem to be able to coordinate moving from side to side and kicking into thin air with music....:P It does seem as if me and my sis are doing our own stretching :D. If you look at my sister's shoulder blades, you can see muscle! If you look at mine....well, no need to look lah...there is nothing much to look at also...hahaha...sigh...*envy envy sister* ;)



Us at the starting line, me and sis in front, Jannie and Farah behind. We are all ready to go with our MP3's!!! I love mine!!! No wires attached!!! ;)



Me and my sis on the go....this is when we are on the way back to Dynasty Hotel from the inner route....5km more to go!!! We can do it!!! We can do it!!! The only thing that was running through my head at the time was "Where the hell are the super fit/super fast ladies??? What number am I??? 3rd? Hmmm.....3rd still got RM500...hmmm...but I don't think I'm 3rd.....aiyo!!! I hope I get something out of this run!!!" And every lady that I pass are girls!!! I keep hoping that I'll pass a lady in the woman category but every time I get close, they are in the Girls category!!! I mean seriously, what do these girls eat??? They are all bigger than me!!! Then again, I keep on forgetting I am small after all...haha...sad sad.



That's us after the race...happy that its all finally over!!! My daughter came late since she woke up late and the hubby sent her over....with her nice dress and all....



That's our pink rubber band that we collected on the run. I think they didn't have enough of it cause at the turning point of the 10km, they didn't have another pink rubber band which cause some havoc at the end cause some ladies follow the girls route and completed the race before us. However, it was all settled and we got our numbers correctly....thank God!!! cause I was number 9 and number 9 didn't have any money!!! I was then moved to number ____, hahaha...spoil the fun if I tell you now...read on people read on!!! :P



That's the bean/onion/sky fruit??? Who knows what that is...hahaha...it looked like an onion to me. My daughter was terrified of it. We wanted to take picture with it but we kept on saying "Later lah, Later lah" sampai the later also never came...hahaha. In this picture the Onion seems to be given a pep talk....probably scared some child into tears :P. I'm just assuming ah....don't you all go and scold the onion men in the suit...afterwards I pulak kena sue....:P



Here's a picture of one of the PDK girls...they are special children :) Cute or not she...she was so happy dancing to the music and trying to get our attention to take her picture. The PDK actually took part in the event and sent a big group to the run :D. It was a very lively event with them around :D.



The VIP's. See if you can identify them....



The hampers for the top 10 winners :)



My sister won 10th place, and she is one multi-tasking person!!! She could carry the hamper and the Milo and her certificate!!!



Jannie at 8th place...also very multi-tasking!!! See how she balances the tin of Milo!!!



And that's me at 7th place....hahaha...not 1st, neither 2nd nor 3rd....WAAAAA!!! Hahaha...but 7th placing!!! Can lah!!! Still got RM100 from it bah. Suspend le you all :P Well, compared to those ladies who won...they have like serious leg muscles!!! When me, Jannie and my sis first so them at the starting line, we were like, "WAH! No need to get 1st anymore lah"...actually, I think I was the one who said that :P...or was I thinking it???

Anyway, this ladies are like veteran runners and one of them who got 6th placing was probably their daughter...also very fit le...jealous nya aku!!! They are from Sibu....that's what I heard lah..hopefully when I reach 40 years old...I can run as fast as them....:P (I'm just guessing that they are around that age cause they sure don't look young to me neither that old lah:P). And if you look at me receiving the prize....I am not a multi-tasker....I mean seriously, how can you carry a hamper and a BIG (note the BIG) Tin of Milo at the same time??? I actually ask my sister that question....she said "Can!". My justification to me being no able to carry it is that:


1) I'm small

2) I have no hand muscles

3) The hamper was heavy lah!!!

Anyway, I got someone to help me carry the Tin of Milo down :P



That's me and my sis with our medals....look like sisters or not???



That's Farah, she took most of the pictures....thank you babe!!! And don't underestimate this girl...she is one super fit lady as well....compared to many of you all out there lah...she completed the 10km in 1hour and 17minutes!!! Correct kah Farah??? hehehe...I hope I got that right :D. And she has done a 21km run too!!! I seriously think she is someone to look up too!!! Respect babe! Respect!!! (Me saluting to you :))



That's all of us with the VIPs!!! Sorry for the small picture :P. If you see closely, you can see my sis, me and Jannie at the left side on top of the stage :D


And this is the final picture....of Farah, Jannie, Me, My Sis and My little Girl (Hopefully a future runner in the making :P). Overall, it was one of the best days I have had for a very long time. Thanks to the ladies in the picture :D. Great fun!!! Lets do it again next year!!! Hehe...What say you all???


As for our timing for the 10km run:

Farah - 1 hour 17 Minutes

Sis - 57 Minutes (I think, am I right kah??? or was it 56 minutes??? or 55 minutes??? :P)

Jannie - 53 Minutes

Me - 51 Minutes (YES! I broke my 1 hour mark...hehehe...after all the stressing out over nothing :P)

Ohhh...I just had to add in one more last minute picture...so this is officially the last one...that's my sis and Tina our supporter during our run :D Thanks dear!!!


(I might as well continue writing about all that I did for that day, since I've written so much already...haha..you can stop here if you don't want to read anymore :P and thanks for dropping by!!!)

After the event, we went home, I had a good shower and went to church with my mom at 11am. After church, we had lunch at Muria and my mom went home while me, my sister, tina and my daughter went to Parkson. We shopped and had drinks at Star Bucks till 4pm.

On the way home, my daughter said that her Milk has finished. I obviously said to her "Why you didn't tell mommy when we were inside Parkson" and she said "I just remembered"....so when we got home, I got her ready to go to a little boys birthday party. Showered her and changed her into a nice dress. As for me, screw the showering lah...I was mentally and physically exhausted already. So after I got her ready, we said bye to my sis and her friend Tina as they were going back to Brunei.

After that we went to Pottery (that's what we call it in English)/Ng Sian Hup (that's what we call it in Chinese)/Kenyalang (and that's what we call it in BM) and got her Milk. By the time we got to the party, it was almost 6pm. There were so many cars!!! I wanted to turn back but my daughter wanted to go in....haha. We went in for awhile, ate Laksa (very nice I may say so myself). My daughter had her slice of birthday cake and we went home at 7pm. She was just as exhausted as I was cause she hadn't slept the whole day either. Got home, changed her into her PJ's and she fell asleep at 8pm.

I on the other hand...probably soooooooooo exhausted, just couldn't sleep....so I did my 1000 pieces jigsaw puzzle till 10pm then decided to call it a day. Closed my eyes and that's it, I was out. What a day that was!!!

Looking forward to a 7km run on the 15th August :D. Fingers cross I might win something again this time :P Ta for now!!!

No comments: