Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Going to Run for a GOOD CAUSE!!!

Well, sorry about yesterday. Was pretty emotional about the whole Father's Day thingy. It really sucks big time to have such a wonderful dad and too lose him at such a young age. I guess God knows what's best :)

Anyway, am in much better mood today and not so down :D.

And just to let you all know, I am training for a joggerthon this Saturday which will start at 6.30am. My very first concern is whether I'll be able to wake up. Then I'll worry about whether I'll be able to win it or not :P. Hopefully my jogging pays off and I get to win some kind of prize....that will nice. If not I'll just jog in support of HLS (Human Life Service). For your info, they are a non-profitable organization that gives temporary shelter for unwedded mothers, single mothers in pregnancy crises, battered women, abused children, abandoned babies and children. HLS handle cases referred by Government and non- Government organizations, churches and care centres. HLS also helps in adoption of babies.

So, why not right? Its for a good cause :D

Then in July I'll be joining a netball tournament which is organized by KRP. That would be fun!!! Can't wait!!!

And at the end of July, I'll probably join a charity run which is organized by Dynasty Hotel in Miri. Not sure how far the distance is cause I've yet to ask them about it. Hopefully it ranges from 5km to 10km cause for now I think that's as far as I can go without stopping. Maybe next year I'll try and join a half marathon again, like I did in 2003. At that time it wasn't the best idea cause I hardly had much practice and after the run (which consist of not so much running but mostly walking) as I got home, I collapsed on my bed and slept!!! Not sure for how long but when I woke up my legs had a life of its own...hahaha...those were the days when I had nothing better to do with my life. This time round, I'm going to train for it months before the actual day. Who knows one day I'll do a full marathon. That's a goal I intend to achieve. Even Kenny Sia has done is before...tak patut I cannot....I wonder how his legs were the next day....

Anyway, going to go for a jog again in a few minutes time. Ta for now!

No comments: