Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Joggerthon Day!!!

So the joggerthon day finally arrived last Saturday and my daughter was very excited about it. That Friday night we got our singlets ready and our numbers nicely pin onto it. My number was L011 and hers was G06. Told her that she had to sleep early as we need to wake up at 5am the next morning.

Next morning came and I woke up at 5.10am....an additional 10 minutes of sleep cause I sure did not want to wake up at all....haha....it was a Saturday!!! Anyway, I manage to drag myself out of bed...showered and got ready then woke my daughter up. She woke up and look out the window which was right under her and said 'Mommy! It's still dark!!!' and I told her that she better get up or she will miss the joggerthon. So she did. I think due to all the excitement, being tired wasn't on her mind at all :D. So I got her ready, woke the dad up and he got ready, and we all got into the car at 5.55am. So much for trying to be at Pusat Belia by 6am.

Then we had to stop by the Petronas petrol station to get myself the AAA battery for my MP3. If not I don't think I couldn't have finished the race. I so depend on my beloved MP3. Its really fantastic for jogging cause it has no wires attached. Its the kind that you just hook to your ears and the MP3 is build into the headphones.

Anyway, by the time we reach Pusat belia it was 6.10am....well, everything in Miri is pretty close...thank goodness for that. If I was in KL, I'll probably have to wake up at 4.30am or something like that. That's why I love Miri so much :P. When we got to the field...Robin, Larry and Karen were already there (they are like family :)).

My mom, me, my daughter and Karen taking a picture before the sun has fully woken up. Gelap le!

That's Robin in red and Larry in black with his hairband waiting to start the race.

The joggerthon started at 6.50am...somewhere around there and sadly there were not so many participants. My mom was suppose to run with my daughter but I got worried cause my daughter has more energy than my mom so my hubby ran with my daughter instead. It was a good thing though cause that meant that he could take pictures of my daughters first run! She came in number 6 as there were only 6 people. And that was very fitting cause her number was G06 :). She's only 3.5 years old and I was very proud that she finished it all by herself without her dad carrying her. I'm sure she is going to be a future runner ;). Of course my hubby had to keep on telling her that she's almost reaching lah....hehe...cause she wanted to give up a few times :P. I was very proud of both of them :D.

My daughter and my mom at the starting line. Malu-malu my daughter. Bishop Anthony Lee holding the Sarawak flag for the flag off.

My daughter walking in between her jog :D. Still so happy and smiling :P After the race she kept telling me how fast she ran that she was able to win a trophy and a hamper....hahaha...cute girl. Don't think she realised that she came in last :P

That's her after the race...resting....and waiting for me to come back :)

That's my mom and Sera having pisang goreng after the jog.

As for my run, well I got first!!! Haha...I guess all my jogging paid off...but than again there wasn't much of a challenge. The best part to it, was that Human Life Service manage to collect RM135,000 ++ (I'm not so sure whether that is the right figure but I know it was somewhere around that number). Thank you everybody for your support!!!

That's me near Taman Selera after coming down the hill. Thanks Karen for the Pic!!! :D

That's me finishing the run.

Here's a very nice picture of Karen, Robin, Larry and Peston (I hope I got your name right, Someone correct me if I'm wrong :P).

Bishop giving my daughter her trophy :) Still malu-malu :D

Here at least dapat senyum already...

Here lagilah BIG the smile!!!

That's her getting the hamper for being the youngest runner :D

And that's me with YB Lee Kim Shin and Bishop and the other HLS joggerthon committee. After I got my trophy, my daughter ask me "How about daddy???"... so cute that she was so concern for her daddy not getting anything. Then I told her that she had to share her hamper with daddy cause daddy ran with her... and she said "OK!" :D

Now, I need to practice even harder for the Dynasty Charity Run (don't be surprise if I come asking you all for money again, its for the Kidney Dialysis Center, so be generous, ok???:P) which will be on the 26th July 2009 cause I think there will be a lot of good runners there. Probably won't be able to get first but I'm hoping to complete the run without stopping. It looks pretty far. It's going to start at Dynasty Hotel all the way to Boulevard and from Boulevard all the way back to Dynasty from the inner route. Dielah me....haha...oh well..I still have one more month to practice. The prizes are great though...1st prize being RM1000, 2nd prize being RM750 and 3rd Prize being RM500. And if I'm not mistaken there are still cash prize all the way till the 5th placing. So, who knows right??? In my dreams!!! :P

My sister will be joining in this run so it should be fun. My sister is a really good runner....so if I don't win anything, I hope she does!!! Right Jess??? :P You know how I look up to you bah!!! :P And if you win, don't forget to buy me something ah!!! :P

Oklah, that's it from me....I still have to look forward to my netball tournament on the 17th -19th July!!! Hope I get selected and hopefully I don't happily injured my ankle :P. Knowing me, I can get clumsy sometimes :)

Ta for now!!! and God Bless!!!

2 comments:

Benjamin S Raymond said...

Peston is as actually Prosta... hahaha... I'm not sure either too! But he's Facebook name is Agatho...

Jacqie said...

Hahaha....well...I'll just give him a new name...he shall now be Peston...hahaha :P Easier to remember!