Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I don't want NO DIAMOND RING...can I have a PAIR of RUNNERS instead???

This year I've decided to get myself into the Global Corporate Challenge again...the last time I joined this was two years ago and it was an exciting experience with me having to cycle and swim after many many years of not doing so...
Well you must be wondering what in the world is this woman talking about, well let me briefly explain to you what this Global Corporate Challenge is all about....base on Wiki..: 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Corporate_Challenge

The Global Corporate Challenge is a workplace health and wellbeing program aimed at changing the behaviour and improving the health of employees around the world.[1] The event promotes 10,000 steps per day [2] as a way to tackle the growing epidemic of an obese and overweight global workforce and reduce the alarming increase in the accompanying Type II diabetescardio vascular disease and cancer.The Global Corporate Challenge event is often referred to simply as GCC (a registered trademark of The Global Corporate Challenge). With participants in over 100 countries, the GCC mantra is to ‘Get the World Moving’.

So basically it's aim is to GET THE WORLD MOVING by encouraging people to walk 10,000 steps a day..AWESOME right!!! And for us to know how many step counts we are doing during the day...we are given 2 PEDOMETERS AKA GCC PULSE...so if one fails, at least we still have another one as back up. 
Now back to my title and how that title relates to this GCC....
So you see, I've been aiming for a new pair of sports shoes since last year. The one I have now is coming 4 years old and I've used it for hiking, running, netball and whatever exercise I find myself doing...haha. I keep telling myself I want a new pair of runners but I kept justifying that I don't have any reason to get a new one since my old pair is still in one piece.
My ever so loyal ASICS :)

BUT! Now that the GCC is coming, my excuse for the new Pair of shoes that I want is super valid...haha..and my excuse is that the new one is way lighter that the one I have now...which means I can walk more in them and run further!!! hahaha...my excuse is valid right???

Super valid!!! (That's what I keep telling myself over and over again :P)

So, New SHOES!!! I'm coming!!! You'll be MINE SOON!!!!  


I LOVE THE COLOUR TOO!!!

P/S. the Awesome light weight runners that I'm talking about is no other that the beautiful Woman's Puma Faas 300 V2....I LOVE IT!!!

Oh yah....and before I end....here's something I got from the GCC website on how we can walk more everyday just to stay healthy... and just for the fun of it, go get yourself a PEDOMETER!!! And make sure you take 10,000 steps a day..not because I said so...(haha...prasan me, as if people listen to what i say...hahaha...) but because YOU WANT TO MAKE A CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE FOR A BETTER TOMORROW... sounds good right? it sure does to me!!! I want to grow old with my kids and still be able to keep up with them when I reach 60 years old. I want to be one of those mom's who joins their kids for runs and be able to finish it the same my kids does or maybe before them...muahahahaha.... ok ok...that sounded evil...I better stop now..you get the drift...haha.. Anyway, check out the below and maybe do as it says.... you have nothing to lose but to be healthy... it's a win-win for all.. 


That's it from me!!! Over and out!!!

No comments: